A-Roid?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by DRC, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Let me also try and clarify the point that I made about steroids being a non-issue as well as when I used the term scums of the earth.
    Then in my next post I asked who is clean and who is not?

I said all of this because the playing field isn't equal here.
    I don't really like the way baseball does some things or handles certain situations btw.
    I think they are well behind the times and the slogan rightfully fits when you refer to America's past time.

I just have a problem with the way people are singled out and yet no one really knows who in baseball is clean or dirty.
    It's like you and I are at a game and we don't like this guy because he is dirty
    but the guy behind him who you think is clean, you root for him yet he may just as dirty as the first guy.

What I'm trying to say is that baseball should come up with something similar to the NFL.

Interesting comments about HGH testing.
    I got to be honest with you people, I hate unions!
    I worked for US Airways in 02 and I saw some of the things that go on not to mention other negative publicity and now the players union for Mlb.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

WTF, now Selig is considering suspending A-Roid because he admitted using steroids. What a freaking joke. How do you suspend someone for admitting to something that the league knew about for 5 years and didnt admit themselves.
    Wow, and the hits keep coming.

3. DRC

DRC TigerNator

What an idiot. Selig is proving more and more that he's just a pathetic stooge. He knew about this shiit for years. He's just as guilty as A-Roid, maybe more. He's an enabler who is back tracking because he got caught. What a monstrous cluster phuck.

The owners have some tough decisions ahead. All this bad PR for baseball is going to have an effect. We'll see how profound it is over this next season.

4. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

I'll be shocked if he actually suspends him. The players association would throw a fit. It wasn't against the rules of baseball at the time he did it. So, they can only be suspending him for coming clean. What a joke.

5. DRC

DRC TigerNator

A-Roid is a lying sack of shiit. Another mockery, this time in the form of a press conference. Does he really think we are buying that crap he's selling? Good gawd...

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Bud Selig is a freaking joke. He is the one that is responsible for the wave of steroids in MLB. It was on his watch, and he turned his head. If anyone thinks that for a second, Selig didnt know what was going on, you need your head examined. All Selig has done is go on the defensive saying "its not my fault" well bull ****. It is your fault, baseball was dead, and what brought it back? The long ball. If anyone should be prosecuted in the whole Steroids mess, (which i dont think anyone should) to me Bud Selig is public enemy number 1.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

I think he is listening to his PR firm right now, he is spending a ton of money on getting the public to forgive him. Which is total crap.

8. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I saw part of the news conferenc. He's admitting the minimum that he needs to. Kept saying he was 24, 25 when this all happened. I believe he was born in 1975 making him 26 in '01 when he allegedly began using and 28 in '03 when he allegedly stopped. Sorry, but at age you can't use the excuse of "young and stupid", only the stupid part applies. Surely the journalist covering the story can count, but no one broght this up. Also said although he knew the name of what he was taking didn't know it was a steroid. Hey Alex, all you had to do was type the name of the substance into Google or any other search engine and you would have found out. That is complete BS. Its up to the fans not to let him get away with it.

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I'm not an A-Rod apologist by any stretch, but one thing I either haven't heard or missed the discussion is, if the tests back in '03 were anonymous and only for the point of gathering overall data and not on specific players, why did they even track names? If the test was truly anonymous, there would be no need to track who's sample contained what substance. You still get the raw data you were looking for.

I guess that's neither here nor there now, but I haven't heard a good answer to that question.

10. LSUMASTERMIND

Hell you dont need one now, he admitted it.