A-Roid?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by DRC, Feb 7, 2009.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

completely agree. once again, another athlete thinks we are freaking idiots. the entire thing is him saying he wants to come clean and be truthful.

FALSE. hes trying to lessen the public outcry and beg the writers to get vote him in the HOF.

false! hes from the dominican. these guys know about steroids from their baseball guys from the time they are deemed future stars. most begin then. at about age 16y or so.

FALSE

FALSE. God didnt inject your ass these 10 years with HGH and roids. it was your choice. you got caught because someone outed you in a test that was supposed to be anonymous. thats why you were ok doing the Katie Couric interview. Flat-out lied. I guess god told you to.

ie, yeah thats pretty close if you throw in 1996 to the present.

what a freaking lie and joke. you learned you got busted. thats all you learned.

selena roberts did a thorough investigation and went to the players and managers once the results were leaked. and the only reason he admits to 2003 and before is because the statute of limitations is 5 years.

he simply doesnt want to face charges like bonds. and thats another reason he never says the word steroids.

false but you are neither a winner or someone telling the truth.

best quote of the interview. ie, my fanbase in NY is stupid. genius.

why does he say 100% false. is this the only time hes not lying so he makes sure to say 100%. unfortunately canseco has been the one constant truth throughout the entire mess. Why would anyone not believe him here.

absolutely the biggest lie of the interview. everyone i knew thats ever taken steroids knew exactly what and when they put in their bodies and they arent 252 million dollar athletes.

naive, stupid, whatever. thats what he thinks we are.

continuation of the worst lie of the interview. unreal.

ie, im not naming names because it will show im an expert on the issue. so Ill play dumb. dont give them sources to dig up that shows ive used them all along and know everything about it.

:dis:

im all for forgiving the guy. just dont pretend you're being contrite while lying the entire way. what a sham this guy is.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Tejada Charged With Lying to Investigators

By Del Quentin Wilber and Dave Sheinin
    Washington Post Staff Writers
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009; 1:35 PM

Former Baltimore Orioles shortstop Miguel Tejada was charged today with lying to congressional investigators about the use of performance-enhancing drugs in baseball.

Federal prosecutors accused Tejada of making misrepresentations to congressional staffers during an interview in a Baltimore hotel room focusing on the prevalence of steroids in the game.

The charge came in "a criminal information," a document that can be filed only with the defendant's consent and usually signals a plea deal is near. Tejada, who now plays for the Houston Astros, is scheduled to appear at 11 a.m. tomorrow in U.S. District Court in Washington, court officials said.

Prosecutors did not charge Tejada with lying about allegations concerning his own steroids use.

Instead, they accuse Tejada of giving false statements to congressional staffers about his conversations with another player about steroids and human growth hormone.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/02/10/AR2009021001356.html?hpid=topnews

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I think Barry better start cutting plea deals as well.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

This subject is a non issue until they start testing for HGH.
    First of all, why are all the targets here the top players in baseball?
    Why did they not release the entire list?
    It seems to me that if they don't release all the names then one could argue that the people who's names have been released could claim discrimination.

Ok, so MM, Barry Bonds and A Rod are scums of the earth meanwhile half the baseball players could be using HGH and know one would ever know!

5. LSUMASTERMIND

Im not saying anyone is the scum of the earth, why are you so extreme?
    What Im saying is just like Tejada lying to the feds, Bonds better start cutting deals as well, if they have a good case against him. He isnt going down for doing roids, he is going down for perjury.

6. Sourdoughman

My response had NOTHING to do with yours.
    It was a generalization about this thread and the media circus that is unfolding.
    I wasn't talking about BB lying either.
    I was talking about the steroids non-issue since baseball doesn't test for HGH but yet the media circus ignores that and makes villains out of some hand picked baseball players.

Btw, I would've quoted you if I was responding to your post!

7. LSUMASTERMIND

I dont think there is a test for HGH or is there?
    Enlighten me.

8. Sourdoughman

Honestly I don't know, all I know is what I've heard on the radio from Dave Logan talking to sports reporters.
    Lets say that there is no test at this time for arguments sake.
    Why does it matter?

People are still being singled out meanwhile others could be doping up and only the ones brought to the surface are tainted.
    It just seems some like me would want to know why all the names haven't been released at this point besides a few that were selected for whatever reason.

I need someone to point out who is clean and who is not at this point?:confused:

9. LSUMASTERMIND

Oh I said that myself the other day, the other names need to be released. But I get your point, if Bonds and A-Roid are targeted, why not the other guys who could potentially suffer legal trouble as well. Or do we only care about the guys who hit 50 plus HR a season.

10. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

There seems to be a misconception that it's only big name players that have been outed. Those big name players just happen to be the ones the media talks about. There have been far more mediocre hacks (many of them still in the minors) that have been caught that "stars". The problem is that noone really cares if I tell you that somebody like LaTroy Hawkins has been hitting the juice.