A&M's Johnny Football is better than Cam Newton...

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Tiger_fan, Oct 18, 2012.

1. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

Don't guess we really need to. Montgomery and Mingo did a great job containing Connor Shaw this past weekend in Baton Rouge. Johnny Manziel is the same kind of quarterback he will try to buy time with his feet and very rarely find receivers down field when in the pocket. This guy is a head case with happy feet. I don't find he's to confortable back there and if we get any kind of pressure on this guy he will fold.

2. Gulffella

Gulffella Founding Member

173yds against florida, 190yds against ole miss, the big passing numbers he has put up against any SEC teams is 373 against Arkansas. Heck Auburn put up 281 on Arkansas passing. I say A&M finally understands SEC Defense this weekend.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Exactly, Montgomery, Mingo, Lavar Edwars, Rasco, do a great job of not over pursuing, and containing. There is no need for a spy.

4. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

that's actually not fun to think about, being that we had to force 4 turnovers v Oregon last year to hold them to just putting up 27 points on us (had we not forced the 4 turnovers, Oregon would have scored a lot more than 27 on us)

That Oregon offense last year was the #3/#4 offense in the country, while aTm is currently the #5/#6 offense in the country

Also, look at the last time we played aTm (in JerryWorld): we had to force 4 turnovers to hold them to just scoring 24 on us

Meanwhile, look what our offense has done in hostile road environments this year under the deafening roar of opposing fans:

6 points @ Florida (#5/#13 defense in NCAA
    currently)

10 points @ Auburn (#66/#79 defense in NCAA currently)

Awww, did the adults talking wake the little baby up? There, there, little baby, here is your pacifier. LSU is loaded 3-deep at every position with 5th year seniors that are all future NFL HOFers, while aTm is fielding a team full of 80 pound weaklings that all got cut from their grammar school teams. LSU will beat them 300 to 0 easily. Feeling better now little baby? Good baby, now go to sleep...

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

are you 12?

6. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

Yes Shane. I am 12 years old. Yet another bright insight from Shane. Good job.

7. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

The last time we faced a QB with this type of dual threat talent was the guy on the title of this thread. LSU better do something he doesn't expect. The coach I personally know
    would game plan to hit him on every play, and he is one of the best defensive coaches out there to include Chavis for sure.

8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Spoken like a true bitch... what's wrong your little boy shorts not short enough to cheer for your faggies?

shane0911 likes this.
  9. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

Yes, i am your bitch. i love the little boy shorts you bought me. Thank you, Great One

10. Eliminator55

Eliminator55 May God Help Us.

Johnny Football is a freak. I went back and viewed most of his high school highlights and then his A&M highlights. Thine Gods of Football hath undoubtedly gifted Johnny Manziel with an uncanny ability to weave his way right through all those imposing defenders. He miraculously escapes so many tight spots.

His high school highlights had me dropping my jaw. I suspect that you'd do the same. I'd think he's definitely down. But, lo and behold, he breaks forth from a pile of bodies and sprints forward. It will be much tougher for him this Saturday. Even with our fierce defense, we should still be prepared to see Johnny break at least a few big plays.