A&M's Johnny Football is better than Cam Newton...

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Tiger_fan, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I actually think that our offense is tailored this way, but the drops/overthrows have often thwarted the strategy. Think back to the SC game. We had nice, long drives with a good balance of playcalling. That is who we are, and it's who we were last year. We just haven't had the level of execution that we did with Jarrett Lee.

StaceyO likes this.
  2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I can agree with what we need to do. My 6th grader also believes in putting the voodoo hex on kickers in Tiger Stadium. (She used to only casually believe this until she was talking trash to a WV fan at that game in 2010. He didn't believe her, she waved her arms and fingers, and WV's kicker missed one.)

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I think the gump kicker hasn't missed all year. The storyline is setting up nicely.

Our philosophy on offense sucks. You will see a difference this weekend. At least in the first qtr and we are up 14-0.

4. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

I'm not neccessarily talking about "quick-strike", but it'd be nice to have the type of passing game to score at will on opponents, like these most of the more powerful offenses have. I'd still run a ball-control offensive philosophy and let my defense limit the opposing offense, but when the chips are down, like in the third quarter of the NCG, you need to put some damn points on the board in a hurry.

IDK, I've always heard that your defense gets too tired when you score too quickly, but wouldn't it be up to the playcaller's discretion to run fast-strike or ball control / possession type plays?

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If I am not mistaken they are still rolling with both the guys from last year in the same exact roles. The one dude that can't make anything from over 40 is coincidentally their 40 yard plus kicker and that Smelley or Shelley or whatever his name is, he is their short yardage kicker.

6. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

I think you're right, but I'm pretty sure I've heard that they are both perfect on the season so far. Our special teams have suffered a real role-reversal.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I've seen 3 Groza award winning kickers shank like they were at Angola in Death Valley.

Attack Tiger likes this.
  8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

As have I. It's the voodoo; just ask my daughter.

9. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Nope, gris-gris

10. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

The west Virgina game is a great example along with the oregon game last year.....those type of offenses are designed to get teams matched up one on one with their best athletes, then when they have that they get the ball to them on short quick routes and rely on their guy making someone miss. Therefore these offense usually score from far out, thats why these type of teams if they cant break those tackles and score from far out, they may drive down to the red zone pretty easy, but once that field is compressed inside the 20, then they struggle to score because the defense cant get beat deep down the field because the field is now only 30 yards, so safetys are able to stay closer that's why those teams tend to struggle in the red zones against good defenses. Thats exactly where "bend but don't break" comes from!!