2021 4* CB Nathaniel Wiggins

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by tzanghi, Aug 27, 2020.

1. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Hopefully the Neville kid stays home. Would be nice if the La. OL prospects pan out more often too because it’s not as if there’s a shortage of big boys in the state. I was certain big boy from Southern Lab would be a menace but he’s apparently lazy. When Big Whit decides he’s done maybe he’ll start a training academy for trenchmen like the Manning’s do with the passing academy.

shane0911 likes this.
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

That would help. The top offensive lineman in 247's Louisiana rankings is a 250 pound, 3-star at #29. The 28 ahead of that guy include 9 WR's, 8 of whom are either in nola, BR or Lafayette. Also 5 safeties, 2 running backs and an "athlete", again; all within the Greater New Orleans and BR areas. The only big boy is Mason Smith. T-Bob's point exactly. Granted, its a weak year in LA, 247 has only 10 4-stars and above here.

shane0911 likes this.
  3. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

O is only a little behind Saban in O line recruiting the past few years according to a breakdown I read. Similar number of guys but averaging about 0.5 stars fewer. The main difference has been attrition. He’s got a few OL he it there he’s still going for this year. Doesn’t look like we’re getting Leigh though.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Great idea about an O Line Academy. Somebody should tell Whit. Would also be a good idea for all positions. Maybe somebody like Glenn Dorsey or Marcus Spears could do a D Line Academy. PP and the Honey Badger a DB academy when they hang it up from their pro careers

5. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

I listen to T-Bob a bunch as well and he has some great insights into things. His commentary on the current roster was on point and helped me understand how we got in such a horrid low number state. Its all about 2018 recruiting class with 6 juco and grad transfers, 10 portal transfers from that class too which adds up to our current state of the roster. But in the end it doesn't really matter too much, since we have scholarships reduced from some infractions for a few years. Its some great 4d chess being played with rosters. Don't miss scholarships that were used in 2018 to field the 2019 class since we wouldn't have those anyway.