2017 WR Devonta Smith

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LaSalleAve, Jan 5, 2017.

1. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

I'm not sure if you're pretending to be dense to "win" an argument or what but this is NOT what I said. You're linkage is basically saying, "if you're black you hate LSU," and that's stupid as hell. I'm saying that if you're in/from Louisiana AND you're black AND you hate LSU, this is likely the reason. I'm saying it because I've seen it my entire life. Nothing anecdotal about it. I'm not the one that needs to prove it. If you want evidence, go ask some black people that hate LSU. I can probably connect you to a few.

If you can't understand that you just don't want to.

shane0911, kcal and LSUTiga like this.
  2. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

You're right bro. It is way off track. I'm done.

3. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

The original post to which I responded...
    It was an incredibly ignorant statement to make as if the color of one's skin is relevant in determining whether or not someone likes or doesn't like LSU.

It's not.

Using "well, I know black people who don't like LSU so it must be true" as a legitimate argument is only slightly less ignorant. That's called anecdotal evidence and it's relevant to only the situations and people in which you are personally involved. The color of their skin or you personally knowing people who don't like LSU that happen to be black is not any more noteworthy than their shoes sizes or the habit of brushing their teeth before taking a shower. Perhaps the way their parents were treated by LSU officials, students, etc. played a role, but that's not because of skin color. That's because people were assholes. That's like saying black people aren't as smart as white people or white people are as athletic as black people. The statement is reduced to skin color when the factors that make the determination are driven by social factors and individual perception.

The sheer fact that several people here don't grasp that, yet I'm accused of being dense simply blows my mind.

4. kluke

kluke Founding Member

So I've forgotten since page two of the thread when it went off track; did we get Devonta?

5. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

who is devonta?

tzanghi and lsu-i-like like this.
  6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Disagree as shoe size and dental hygiene are less commonly used by society, rightly or wrongly, to identify subsets.

You saying there is zero correlation is willfully ignorant. It is more an effect than a cause, and each person is a special and unique snowflake, but society has been judging people by color for a long time.

Anyway, this quote in its own obtuse way is arguing the same thing the folks you are arguing with are saying. You're just hung up on being right and using semantics rather than trying to find a way to come together. So divisive.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I didn't say there was zero correlation. I said "the color of one's skin is relevant in determining whether or not someone likes or doesn't like LSU". The fact that there are black players who are on the team makes this obvious, yet it's still a very popular sentiment that black people do not like LSU for whatever ridiculous reason people internally justify.

Being that I initially made the statement, they would be arguing with me, not vice versa.

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Divisive!!!!!

9. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Blame Trump...