2017 LB Chris Allen

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by tzanghi, Jan 4, 2017.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I've said it once, I'll say it a thousand times.........ANY kid who bails on Louisiana and LSU to go support Alabama can suck it! Fuck em!

2. LSU_4_LIFE

Fuck Moses! Dude has NO chest!

3. LSU_4_LIFE

I like White and Divinity.....interesting to see if Donnie can keep the Debo/Duke trend going, but I have my concerns there.

However Arranda has shown me at both Wisconsin and this season, he can get the best out of his LB play with limited talent. I thought Duke was a lost cause when I saw him play the 2015 season.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

TwistedTiger and LSUTiga like this.
  5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

LSUTiga likes this.
  6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Alexander doesn't look like a middle backer to me. Weakside is where I see him. If they don't move him, I think White beats him out this spring and will be one of our top defensive players in the fall.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  7. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Its a funny misunderstanding by many fans that moving to a 3-4 requires LSU to go heavy on LB recruiting. They actually do not have to recruit as many true LBs since the OLBs are usually going to be undersized DEs with speed. The 3-4 is more about getting two cannibals in the middle and athletic playmakers on the edges. Those 6-5 240 lbs DEs that used to be undersized in the 4-3 are now assets.

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

It seems like Aranda is going to put a true MLB in the middle and use two OLB along with a pash rushing DE tofill out the LBers. having a faster, more athletci guy at the ILB spot gives flexibility in coverages.

9. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

Per the Advocate: Southern Lab linebacker Chris Allen and Alabama commitment confirmed what Tiger fans suspected when he was asked Tuesday morning about why Louisiana football prospects are so drawn to play for the Crimson Tide. "Mainly because, probably, every year ... they're beating LSU. And they're winning national championships," Allen said on the Culotta & The Fan show on 104.5/104.9 ESPN-FM in Baton Rouge. "Even though this year they didn't win it, they made it there. They made it to the big game. So, that's a huge attraction."

The problem with today's athletes is they want the easy road to winning a championship. They all want to join Goliath (e.g., Durant to Golden State). It doesn't take courage to join Goliath. The really great ones want to beat Goliath.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Good point. Why join Goliath when you can help your home state conquer Goliath.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.