2010 WR Trovon Reed

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by pjnchamps, Mar 10, 2009.

1. jgordey3

jgordey3 Founding Member

yea I've just been trolling various forums and I heard it from there too. Not sure if I heard it from an official source or not such as an article or what. Would have loved to get him but I doubt we do as we got Williams and look in prime position to land Boone. Best of luck to the guy though

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Don't forget Mr. Wright...:grin:

3. jgordey3

jgordey3 Founding Member

Of course hahah but I was referring to the happenings of the past couple of days ie this weekend

4. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I heard from a pretty good source Reed told Aub coaches last week he was still 100% Aub even after his LSU visit.

The Williams commit and the hard press on other receivers pretty much tells you all you need to know about Reed. I suspect the coaching staff knows he is not coming.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Bingo, still I like Reed, the guy is a class act.

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Agree. Its not like he's mislead anyone. Big mistake ( :grin: ) but he really wants to go to Auburn.

7. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Fella's, don't ya'll think it's time we move on from here? Reed ain't coming to LSU so why are folks still talkin' about it? Pretty useless thread at this point. :LSU231:

8. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

He may be the classiest act of all time but he still pisses me off. I got over losing Joe McKnight because it was to USC and it wouldn't have any affect of LSU until the postseason. It agitated me that LSU lost Janzen Jackson to Tennessee because it's an SEC foe, one that LSU will see next season. But losing one of the top recruits in the state of Louisiana to SEC West foe Auburn really hurts because it directly affects LSU. We can see this kid beat LSU in Tiger Stadium. I'm sorry but that bothers me. I still can't get over the fact that a kid from Thibodaux is going to anywhere else but LSU. Didn't think it was possible. Opposing schools seemed to have ripped holes in that fence around Louisiana.

9. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

My take sums it up in his statement that.
    He just wants to go somewhere else, try something new and experience new things.
    Its hard for many to understand "How can you leave Louisiana" I to love Louisiana but I left it for the exact same reason. I wanted something different in my life. I spent 21 years of my life and another 4 later in life and still chose to go somewhere else.
    Not because I hate Louisiana, but because life is about experiences. And growing up in Baton Rouge, when I lived there I felt like I was still in High School. Same friends, same golf courses, same hangouts.
    So I respect the kid, he made a decision to branch out and experience something new.
    Cant fault him for that. Matter of fact I respect it.
    Auburn is a great school, it really is. And remember that is what College is really about, new experiences, new friends, new life.

I wish him great success, it seems like he is a class kid.

"Opposing schools seemed to have ripped holes in that fence around Louisiana."
    Really I dont see that at all.
    Also where was all this when Shepard came to LSU. He was the #1 recruit in the State of Texas.... It happens sometimes. Kids just at times want to go somewhere else.

10. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

TS-Dude. Perhaps you should consider how much better LSU is at grabbing the in-state talent than ANY other program in the country. Not even Florida or USC do as good a job. Though Florida comes close.