2009 Saints Thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Feb 12, 2009.

1. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Maybe I'm the eternal optimist... but I'd like to see him get one more year.

2. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

I am not knocking the guy's talent. He just seems so injury prone and then there is the drama.

3. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Nevermind the fact that he can't catch a pass for the life of him. Billy Miller , arguably, is a better tight end than Jeremy Shockey.

2008 Stats:

Shockey: 50 rec. 483 yards 0 TD Has baggage $3 Million annually
    Miller: 45 rec. 579 yards 1 TD No baggage $955k annually

You be the judge.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

IMO, Miller is the most underrated player on the Saints roster.

5. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

Priority 1 is re-signing Vilma. He's the best MLB we have had since Sam Mills.

I agree with cutting Deuce. He's my favorite Saints player of all-time, but with 3 knee surgeries, i think he's done. So obviously Loomis/SP need to get a big RB this off-season. I would love to draft PJ Hill from Wisconsin if that's possible.

Shockey should've already been cut. He's garbage. Injury and fumble prone.

Williams finally gives us a legitimate DC. Hopefully we can get a FS, CB, and OLB to fill some obvious holes. No matter what, our defense is already better next year.

One topic not discussed is Reggie Bush. He hasn't lived up to the hype as of yet, at least not offensively. His special teams play has been good for the most part. I think the problem is that SP has absolutely no clue how to use Reggie. SP tries so desperately to make Reggie an every down RB. Well he's not. He needs to be in space. I think SP should look at film of Reggie at USC. Norm Chow ran a pro-style offense and had Reggie all over the field. If SP can figure it out, our offense will be even more explosive, and that's scary for the rest of the league.

Now Sean Payton. He better get a running game this year. All this "cute" playcalling crap has to stop. On 3rd and short we should be running the ball up somebody's @ss instead of calling trick plays. Yet again, we get a running game and our offense is even better.

Another thing on Payton, could he possibly hire someone to decide on when to use a challenge???? SP is the worst at calling a challenge.

1 person likes this.
  6. Cajun Sensation

I agree with your Reggie Bush statement. It's almost like the Saints play better without Reggie in the lineup. When Reggie isn't in the game (like when he was out for that extended period of time last year with a knee injury) it seemed as if the play calling was simplified and the Saints played better. When Reggie came back, the play calling was all over the place. As great of a player as Reggie is, the burden is on the shoulders of the coaching staff to find out a way to use him more efficiently in an effort to maximize his explosiveness. Quite frankly, SP should have figured it out by now. With rb's, time is of the essence. It shoudn't take 4 years to figure out how to use a RB. The clock is ticking.......

7. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

bush isnt a bad running back and he can help the saints in a lot of ways. no, he wont live up to the hype that was put on him but as mentioned it has a lot to do with his coach calling coo coo plays with him in there.

8. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

let bush return punts and kickoffs. get the secondary up and keep mckinzie healthy. shockey hasn't done what i thought he would do because his vag keeps getting in the way but vilma is a def re-sign

1 person likes this.
  9. Cajun Sensation

Patten got dumped and it looks like most of these guys may be packing their bags as well in an effort to make some cap room:

Mike McKenzie, Brian Young, Mark Simoneau, Mark Brunell and Jamar Nesbit.

-LINK-

10. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Other than possibly McKenzie, don't think I'll miss any of these guys too bad. Even McKenzie's getting up in age, but it's not like we have a ton of depth at CB right now.