2009 Recruiting

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by shoelessjoe, Feb 3, 2008.

1. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Orson Charles says we're recruiting him as a WR?

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/s...cruit/entries/2008/08/07/orson_charles_n.html

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

3. areed7

areed7 Founding Member

Bump.

Sorry, its just that the last few times I visited the site, I swore the homepage read "Mingo Commits" instead of Minter. I needed a different headline to be displayed up top.

4. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

Minter commits - I know, I hate it when that happens... He's beeen commited a long time... kinda fool you unless you remember everyone who has committed.. Question - Will LSU get anymore commitments before the end of football season?? With all the high profile players we are working on & with their pattern of usually waiting to the last day - what say you guys in the know?? I am checking here daily - hourly on some days,,, sure seems slow right now or is it just me??

5. bhelmLSU

You will see some commits around the country from guys who want to finish out the process before the season starts. For example, Bumphis, Wooten, and Michael. However, could be awhile before anyone commits to LSU. Maybe an unknown like a FB.

Mingo is a possibility because his HS coach is encouraging him to commit before the season but I do not think that will happen and maybe Chris Williams will commit soon. Randle, McFarland, Loston, Bostic, Filo, Wilson, etc might take until midway thru the season to NSD.

Also have to wait and see how Sentimore's grades turn out through the 1st semester. IDK

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I agree, the ones bhelm mentioned as possibly committing in the next couple of weeks are decent possibilites but I don't think they have have commitable offers with LSU except for Mingo. I'd epect we might get one or two after their official visits, especially if we beat UGA when most are expected to be here. Other than that don't check back every couple of hours for commitment news until signing day once the season starts.

7. pjnchamps

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?page=briefingroom&recruitId=55129

?

8. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Perhaps in the mode of Early Doucet?

9. bhelmLSU

10. pjnchamps

Do we have a shot at Barksdale's former teammate 5 star DT William Campbell?

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=64857