2009 NASCAR Season

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by CajunlostinCali, Jan 23, 2009.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

That's insane...I had 1,2,and 4 once a couple of years ago. Agree on Pocono; by far the best racing I've ever seen at that joint. I think double-file is here to stay.

2. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

Had a friend of mine that I'm in another group with text me today "How do you NOT start Hamlin at Pocano?"

I told him the funny thing is I benched him at the last minute, only to watch him crash my C and one of my B drivers with a few laps left. Thank you very much your 200pt lead is not cut in half!

3. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Riiiiight, because we all know the NHRA doesn't care about turning a profit.:dis:

5. PodKATT

i think the stickers they are referring to are these.

6. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips at The Glen. :insane:

Making up for the lame name should be a great race. Double file restarts geauxing into turn 1 should be pretty crazy. Looking at who should be affected by this race into the chase I see problems for Matt Kenseth staying in and David Reutimann trying to get in. Ryan Newman will lose a few points but still hang in the top 12. This is a great opportunity for Vickers, Bowyer and shrub to pick up points on the others. I believe restarts will define the finish in this one.

Greg Biffle is on the bubble but he should remain in the top dozen as well. This race is gonna be a heart breaker for a few which begs the question;

Should there be a road course race in the chase? IMO, absolutely.

7. CajunlostinCali

O U C H!

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hRxVEqFx-I[/MEDIA]

Some nasty sh!t right there. Not often on a RC track do you see radiators fly around the track like that but thems the breaks.

I watched the race today and I say now that Smoke is in true championship form. Changes spring rubbers and lost only 6 spots and the rest is history. Winningest driver at the track today. Smoke, is literally on fire. It is gonna be fun to see how he and JJ geaux through this chase. Remove Atlanta and replace with Fontana and this chase has a whole new look. Todays race proved there should be a RC race in the chase.

8. PodKATT

How Jalopnik Would Fix NASCAR

The article is obviously not by someone who enjoys nascar, and some of the points are obviously just there to make a joke. but it does have merit.

9. CajunlostinCali

There is merit and due mostly to how you gonna call it a "stock car" when really they are not stock cars, they are templates designed by one regulator who wants to maintain the manufacturer, sponsorship template for how the sport is funded. Oh wait, that is almost every other form of racing as well. OK, how do you, based on your preferences make the sport more interesting? Well, you don't, if really you want to be entertained by the nature of a car which completely represents the manufactured product you drive on the street today then you should tune into Pinks. I love that show!

Reality is NASCAR is a technology driven empire. In that and for many years the cars resembled nearly what a production car might be. The technology comes from the manipulation of technology to circumvent the results. Petty and 8 championships comes to mind but that is yesteryear. Leveling the playing field has been a cause for NASCAR over many moons. Finally they had to regulate the template to regulate the technology otherwise all you have is all the money being poured into R&D to circumvent the rules. Kinda like juicing the body for a better athlete and allowing it to continue.

A lot of NASCAR today is boring but I would hate to imagine where the sport would be had it just got stuck in where it was 2 decades ago with todays money. You want to see some real cheatin and fist to cuffs, geaux to your local/ regional racing series, dirt is better and enjoy the show.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I had just about finished typing a fairly long reply to your post when Windows Update rebooted my computer. I am not going to do it again.

It was mostly about Hendricks domination because of their technology.

I can't see anybody not using Hendricks engines having a shot at this year's Cup. Basically its a 2 car race between Smoke and JJ with Mark Martin and Jeff Gordon having an outside shot. MM has a got chance at being in the points lead at the start of the Chase because of the bonus points for his 6 wins. I would love to see him win the Cup in what is probably his last year of full time racing.