2009 NASCAR Season

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by CajunlostinCali, Jan 23, 2009.

1. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

My picks were dogsh!t, but that was one of the greatest ugliest finishes ever. Shrub geauxing all or wall was pretty ballsy. He serious got him some wall. Montoya bout could not buy a break early on, but pulled a solid finish. Burton just can't buy happiness these days, Harvick neither. I picked Mears cause I was desperate. :insane:

I did not give smoke a chance at the chase but fugger got a few wins left and looks solid so far to win him a 3rd crown. WTF happen to Gordon? Whatever. Jr? That's to bad...

Nice job okie. Puttin some heat up on all the dudes. Anybody see the buoy self implode? Geaux take a look, it ain't pretty. Might wanna send a card. :hihi:

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

saw the buoys picks about mid-race and thought "ouch". and i was kicking myself for one of my picks......

like i said, one should not use a force like the buoy for personal gain. a powerful force like that can turn on you if not used for the greater good of mankind. :eek:

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

the buoy is just setting up the rest of this group for his spectacular finish.
    dude assures me I have nothing tto fear.

the buoy would never turn on me.
    loyalty is one of his greatest strengths.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Gonna borrow this from my friend Stadium Salute

" SUCK IT KYLE!!!!":lol:

5. CajunlostinCali

I am thrilled this is TNT's last weekend. Kyle Petty ends every other statement with "You know what I mean", you know what I mean? His daddy does the exact same thing. :insane:

I wanna send a personal jinx to all you pickers out there. +/////&\\\\\- There, you are doomed...

I would geaux down on a hairball for a decent finish. :)

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Well, my phenomenal fantasy luck continues (sarcasm emoticon here). I had Johnson, Vickers, Newman and Keselewski. With 25 laps left, they're running 1, 2, 10 and 11. I end up 6, 7, 8 and 32, thanks to everyone going crazy on that 2nd to last double-file.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i didnt do wonderful. and i finished up a lot better than i thought i would cause it looked realllly bad for me for a while.

8. shane0911

I would just like to say once again

:hihi:

can you tell I just love this sh!t?

"SUCK IT KYLE"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

There are not many things as beautiful as the 18 in the wall!

9. CajunlostinCali

Double file restarts, whatcha think? Seen em on every configuration so far and to date, a few feelings have been hurt. It begs the old opinion that "this new rule" is great for the fans but hell for the teams.

Has NASCAR gone and created a coliseum for gladiators? Or does the notion of romance novels create a wash???

Who is watching for the carnage and who is tuned for the racing? I gotta guess it is a healthy mix of both. Can't argue that Chicago was sooooo boring that an little injection of carnage was in good order. With exception of two yellows for debris, the race was green for well over 200 laps. It ended near half an hour early. I am also guessing this new rule is just in time to make, say a Bristol, a tolerable race to watch again.

10. shane0911

Come on CLIC, do you not see the elephant in the room. Its the daggum COT brother. blah blah safety schmafety. NASCAR has every one of those crew chiefs in lock step right now. If they turn a bolt the wrong way they get ripped from the top of the box for a few weeks. Once they loosen up and allow them to start tinkering with the cars a little it should make things a lot more fun to watch. I don't mind the new restarts and you nailed it with the once in a while feelings are going to get hurt. Depending on which camp you are in it may be a good day (See my above post :grin:) It should all come out in the wash eventually.

oh and one more thing

:lol::lol: nah I'll save it for later.