2009 NASCAR Season

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by CajunlostinCali, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Danica should stick with the Indy cars where she regularly has top 10 finishes.
    NASCAR is a lot more than just having a fast car. Danica has no experience with being bump drafted of with 3 and 4 wide racing in the turns. Danica has never rubbed and if you ain't rubbin' you ain't racin'.

If former Indy winners like Sam Hornish Jr. and Dario Franchitti are struggling to make the transition Danica has no chance.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

what a freakin finish! :eek:

im happy with it tho! :thumb:

and for shrub to hit the wall like that... couldnt happen to a nicer guy. im pretty sure i heard some of you cheering. :hihi:

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Man, oh man. As a fan of Smoke, I'm a happy boy right now. As a fan of plate racing, I loved it! As a fantasy player, I'm miserable...fantasy plate racing is pure luck, and mine is all bad.... team tonight was the two shrubs, jr. and sorenson.

1 person likes this.
  4. mctiger

Danica's been in IndyCar now, what, 5 years? Races about 15 times a year against 25 cars, and once against 32. In all that time (and IndyCar is all about reflexes and technique), she has one fuel mileage win to show for it. She is not ready to get into the tanks they drive now in NASCAR and bang fenders for 36 weeks against 42 other cars. Montoya is one of the greatest all around drivers in the world, and he's yet to win on an oval. Hornish was a much more accomplished Indy driver than Danica, and he's yet to win at all. Franchitti couldn't even keep his ride, and Carpentier is barely hanging on to his. It's just not that easy a transition, and I've yet to see anything to indicate that Danica is ready for it.

5. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

I loved the finish! No secret on here that I'm a Smoke fan, but I also do like watching the Shrub. Shrub got what he asked for blocking like that, that's just plate racing. Can't say I liked watching him wreck, that was some hard licks he took! Smart of the officials to grab him before he got to a camera, boy he was ticked!

6. mctiger

Oh, and IMHO, Danica's not even the hottest driver in IndyCar. She's just willing to show more. But Milka Duno is hotter:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. OkieTigerTK

true. but still, you know he's gonna be shootin his mouth off anyway when the cameras do catch up to him.

8. mctiger

I'm sure he would complain; most drivers in that situation would. They'd be wrong. The low block was good, but once Smoke went high and got his fender alongside shrub's quarterpanel, the time for blocking was over. Smoke owned the line, and Kyle was in the wrong.

9. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

if anybody cheers for someone to get in a wreck that severe, they're a piece of ****!

The end was just great racing, nothing dirty at all. But if it was Busch putting Smoke in the wall, people would be calling for Schrub's head.

Dale's up in heaven right know smiling and saying i would have done the same thing.

10. OkieTigerTK

calm down. no one wants to see the guy hurt. but he pulled a move that cost him the race. i have no doubt i was not the only one cheering that it cost him the win.

edit: i am talking about the initial part of the crash. when it turned into a scary crash it quickly became a "holy sh*t" sort of thing.