2008 NFL Draft thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Bayou Bengal11, Apr 26, 2008.

1. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

You could have gotten better value with Ozzie Newsome and Shannon Sharpe but they weren't going to be a serious contender until they solidified the secondary.

I thought he may go to the Bucs but they got a corner. Some cover two team will get a good CB. He sort of reminds me of OU's Kelly in that you can debate combine numbers but he looks really good on film.

3. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Which I Know just thought they had DBs and S that were better than him imo and some were ranked higher than him not that he isnt a bad pick.

4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Thats cool. He may or may not be the right pick but more often than not the Saints address the wrong areas so I have to at least give them credit today on staying focused...because I know Payton wanted to get Desean Jackson when he had the chance. ;)

5. pjnchamps

Well that is true and Im glad they picked a CB. I wonder if they will do any moving tomorrow and I'm also wondering about Jamal Brown's knee b/c somthing has to be up with it since they offered to trade our best offensive lineman.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I wondered myself if Payton would pee his pants knowing he had a shot at DeSean. Sure was tempting, because that guy is a bonafide playmaker.

The Saints obviously got my message in my previous post to focus.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Desean Jackson is very talented.....but small and has been stoppable on more than one occasion. He is also a head case and a disruptive player in the locker room. I will be surprised if he has a long and successful career in the NFL.

I am happy that Sed will be in NOLA with Coach O and so many great fans. I know he'll be treated well regardless of where he came from. He's a hard worker, team leader, and as he said, "football is my life". What more can you ask for. All in all, USC has had a great draft day.

I missed most of the day. How was the coverage?

8. pjnchamps

Yall did have a great day at one point I thought the Saints first two picks were going to be USC with Fred Davis being the 2nd.
    Redskins must feel like they had to update their offense with them going WR Devin Thomas, TE Fred Davis and WR Malcom Kelly all who were graded pretty high.

9. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I knew he was a head case from the day he did a flip into the endzone in the aa game and it resulted in a touchback instead of a td when he fumbled during the process of flipping...and instead iof apologizing he bitched up a storm. he also looked like an extremely poor mans kanye. and i hate kanye.

Alright. Keyshawn pimped you school enough to where no one will ever want to go there ever again.

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Have to give a shout out to a Catholic High Alum who graduated 3 years after me getting picked 14th. OT Chris Williams out of Vandy to the Bears.