2008 NFL Draft thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Bayou Bengal11, Apr 26, 2008.

1. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Fred Davis picked by the Redskins. CB Tracy Porter of Indiana was to much of a reach. Hes definitely not better than LSU's two senior CBs who they could've got in the later rounds that played SEC ball not Big 10.

2. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Then why was he rated considerably higher by most draft experts and scouts? C'mon, dude, you gotta take off the glasses sometimes. We filled a need both at CB AND at Punt Returner.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Porter is a true cover corner.

You know, someone we really need. And punt returner to boot, which is great.

Bush can just concentrate on being the best all around RB he can be.

4. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Porter ran a 4.29 40 at his Pro Day. All he really needs is to add some bulk, which I'm sure he will with the Saints.

5. pjnchamps

Well we needed a shut down corner not another nickel back which thats what everyone on NFL Network said at most he is and at an 2nd round pick we could've got better value in getting Fred Davis. Also they had other players that were ranked higher than him that were positions of need for the Saints for example TE, S, OL and other CBs like a Charles Godfrey, Patrick Lee or Justin King so this had nothing to do with taking an LSU players. Plus I thought we picked up Skyler Green for help with the Saints return teams.

But that being said I know he has potential since he is an athlete he did play quarterback and wide receiver for Indiana
    via NFL.com

6. pjnchamps

I forgot about Martellus Bennett hopefully he'll be there in the third round at 6'6 he would be a great target for Brees.

here is Porter's analysis via NFL.com:

7. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

We don't have a third round pick.

8. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

As of right now, I don't think the Saints have another pick until the 5th round.

9. pjnchamps

Oh my bad I forgot they dont go again till the fifth. Which they have two of

10. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

The Porter pick doesn't bother me to much. He is a versatile player with 4.3 speed.

At this point I cannot think of a more "steal of the draft" than Chevis Jackson.

Whoever gets him will get a guy that maybe not on paper, but on the field is as good as they come.