2008 NFL Draft thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Bayou Bengal11, Apr 26, 2008.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I played with Doug and I was not the only one surprised he got a chance at LSU. THe expectations were not that high for him when he was there.

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Hester to San Diego comes with a huge reception. Hester will make an immediate impact with his roll as a running back back up to LT. A giant pic for the Chargers. Nice to see how aggressively he was sought out! AJ Smith has a proven talent to pick em.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Understatement.

He won't sell nearly as many jerseys or season tickets, so no. Do you think playing "tougher" competition would have helped Reggie get bigger, taller, or faster? Reggie's weaknesses in the NFL have NOTHING to do with the teams he played in college.

1 person likes this.
  4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Agreed.

5. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

I played at Broadmoor and he was one of the players we always heard about his senior year and along with Tasmin Knockum Greg Skidmore. Brian Washington and Brandon Harrison wasnt bad either.

6. bhelmLSU

Steltz in the 4th at #120 to the Bears.

That makes 3 guys they have taken out LA with Chris Williams and RB Matt Forte out of Slidell high and Tulane.

7. bhelmLSU

Not saying he was a bad player by any means he was the only one with the measurables to make it to a quality team, along with Harrison. What makes it funny was that Doug was the guy we picked on and threw into the showers while he was sleeping. Taz and Skidmore helped with that as well. Doug was known as Donkey Kong on the team.:lol: Harrision went to my middle school as well and he still has a chance to be special if he continues to work hard.

Washington had an attitude problem and quit the team both B-ball and football every other week but had he worked harder he could have been a good TE.

Skid was skid he showed awesome flashes but did not have the size. My best memory of skid was I would not let him through the Dline when I played against him in middle school. Sloppy field and we held them scoreless.

8. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I disagree. Each year you see a kid that was a star in high school that finally has to realize he's playing against big time players in college. You see the same thing when a star college player moves to the NFL.

Bush still tries to reverse field way too much and often loses yardage as a result. He's no longer playing against Stanford, Arizona, or Washington State.

I like him and still believe he can be the player we hoped for. So far that hasn't happened.

I'm not sure what you think his weaknesses are a result of but maybe you're thinking his off the field issues at USC (accepting $$$, etc.) are catching up to him and having a mental impact. :confused:

9. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I like Doucet going to the Cardinals. Either he will open in the slop being protected by Pro-Bowlers or he will come in and start immediately depending on what happens with Boldin. Odds are they wont be able to run the ball that well and should let it fly...I still think Early is the best WR in the draft.

C. Jackson went #68, right before Hester this morning. Just looking at the Falcons roster and Cam Vaughn, Todd McClure, and Ben Wilkerson are all on there.

10. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

I am surprised neither Ainge nor Woodson have been picked up yet. I think they both could work into a starting position or at least be a solid #2. Strange draft so far.