2007 New york Metropolitans thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by martin, May 6, 2007.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Come on cgisclair....jump on the wagon now, 'cuz you ain't allowed on it September!

2. clair

clair Rockets

i'll never be "on the bandwagon", but I did cheer for them against the Cardinals last year, because I forgot the Cardinals as that 3rd team I dislike less than the mets.

I also didn't think it was fair for a team that the braves destroyed to be the champs.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

oh yes, last year i took an amazingly low-res photo of senor bonds:

[​IMG]

this year, i have a good camera, here is todd helton enjoying an evening in queens:

[​IMG]

he was talking about my new camera with hojo and david wright.

i am not at the giant game right now, but i do have tentative plans to see barroid on thursday. i will use the fabulous zoom on my camera to get in close on that huge coconut of his.

4. clair

clair Rockets

wow... that really is a high quality photo...

i look forward to seeing bonds biceps via your lens...

hopefully you can get in close enough to see the needle sores from his juicing session lol

5. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Baroid is pinch hitting in the 10th...

...the Mets crowd chants "Dude does steroids".... :hihi:

6. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That POS closer Benitez gives up the big fly to Delgado bottom 12....

Mets win 5-4.....

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

what a great game that was. the balk to tie it, you dont see that very often. i should have gone.

i duno what the mets will do when pedro comes back, they have no pitcher that deserves to be demoted. perez is awesome, maine and sosa are both very good. you cant demote el duque. if i had to guess i say sosa goes to the 'pen? i dunno.

the braves should trade saltoralphmacchio or whatever his name is to the mets for a starter.

8. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Jose Reyes changes games. He is so damn fast, homeboy balked TWICE and the Mets won as a result. Although Delgado hit a walk off homerun to end the game, Jose Reyes won the game by making the pitcher nervous. You gotta love Jose, bro. He is a bada$$.

9. clair

clair Rockets

If and it's a big if, but IF Saltalamacchia goes anywhere, it will be to Florida for Willis.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

ive been saying since hes been in double-a the dis-Astros need to trade for this dude and bench ausmus. since lidge is back to his devastating self it would be a good swap for both because salty is of no used with mccann signed long term,

then again with one of the worst trades ever, the mariners gave up a dominant closer for the next 10 years in rafael soriano for freaking horacio ramirez. awful awful trade.

then again mike gonzalez is on the shelf for the next year and a half and wickman is 100 years old and gone after this year so they still need bullpen help.

do it do it.