2007 New york Metropolitans thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by martin, May 6, 2007.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

i dont know that green will need to go to the DL. they already have minor league phenom carlos gomez up in place of moises alou, who is due to return soon. perhaps alou will replace green and gomez will stay in place of green.

milledge is just getting over an injury. i think he would probably return to the minors and make sure he is healthy before replacing green.

i dont like endy chavez as an everyday corner outfielder, he has no power. he is a perfect backup. if milledge is healthy i would call him up for any time when both green and alou are not available, if that happens. and i would prefer to see gomez every day over chavez. chavez should only be considered a fulltime player if beltran is hurt, because his defense warrants starting him there at CF. but not at the corners.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

i am with you on that.

teams in terms of importance:

1. lsu basketball/mets
    2. lsu football
    3. saints

3. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Well, mine in terms of importance are:

1. LSU football/Saints
    2.New York Knicks
    3. New York Mets

Yeah, it sucks to be a Knicks fan, but I'm no fair weather fan.:thumb:

4. clair

clair Rockets

Green has a broken foot, Martin. At least, so ESPN says anyway. I'm sure that will cause him to miss at least 10-12 days, in which case they will put him on the DL anyway to get the extra roster spot.

and amen to the knicks. I am a fan as well. I think they can be pretty good next year.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

well, you can be sure if you like, but green is still undecided. doctors told him he cannot make the injury worse by playing on it, so it is a matter of how soon he can take the pain. it may be just a few days, may be a month.

if green does go to dl, i think his replacement will be journeyman prospect ben johnson, i dont think milledge is healthy enough yet. carloz gomez is hurt as well, pulling his hammy tonight. the mets have 4 of their top 6 outfielders hurt. they are deep though. maybe they will call up 18 year old super prospect fernando martinez.

another day, another win by the mets, another loss by the braves and yanks. another triple happiness.

6. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Do you really think the Knicks can do well next year? I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel. I hope you're right.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

triple happiness indeed. i like when all 3 happen just because i dislike the other 2 more. mainly because of the fans.

id guess ben johnson gets the call. why dont they just put the super fast gotay out there in the meantime with super endy. i like endy everyday but like you said in a corner of spot you lose too much power to do for a long period of time.

8. clair

clair Rockets

in the L[eastern] conference, anything can happen.

they have 7-8 guys who can play, which is more than most NBA teams. They just don't play TOGETHER yet...

1 person likes this.
  9. martin

martin Banned Forever

today they are playing gotay at 2b and easley in the OF for the first time.

i always think any loser should be able to play defensive corner OF but i guess that isnt exactly true.

they should call up ben johnson tomorrow. big strong brute fellas who hit HR belong in the corners. keep endy for late inning defense and pinch hitting/running.

when green and alou return, i wouldnt mind endy playing every other day replacing either of them, because they are old. until then, johnson deserves a chance.

10. clair

clair Rockets

are you going see bonds this week, Martin?

I know you said you had last year.

This is the only 2 series all year when I'm for the Mets: When they play the Giants, and when they play the Yanks.