2007 New york Metropolitans thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by martin, May 6, 2007.

1. clair

clair Rockets

he means the team that has beaten you 2 out of 3 for the 3rd straight time this season, buddy.

the Mets offense really isn't that good.

Good pitching stifles them.

Now, they do eat bad pitching for breakfast, though. I won't deny that in any way.

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Like to add the Braves have won every series against the Met this year.

Mets have lost 3 series all YEAR...all 3 of them to the Braves.

I done with you silly Metropolitans. :)

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

who is in first place in the east? who isnt?

4. clair

clair Rockets

there is a wildcard... you realize that, right?

The Muts will probably win the division, but if the Braves get in, I'm not afraid of the Muts in a playoff series at all.

edit: the Mets schedule has been easier than the Braves' thus far. 10 games against the pathetic central for you guys thus far, compared to only 5 for us.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Yeah, but we were talking about against the Braves...

Its kind of like that annoying kid that needs to get his ass kicked in sports and his only response is "scoreboard, scoreboard." :hihi:

i kid, i kid...i might as well celebrate while I can because when I get excited about something the team did they usually crash and burn immediately.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

yes, i know, i am talking about the braves as well. the second place team. where is the confusion? we are both talking about the braves, the team that is getting beaten in the division by the mets.

he must not be getting his ass kicked all that bad.

you can get excited about the mets and be worry-free.

i am aware of that, but that really concerns braves fans more than mets fans.

unless they clone smoltz, they are not gonna get past the brew crew or whoever in the first round.

7. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

A little smack talk between Mets fans and Braves fans during the football offseason. I love it!

Keep in mind, Bravos....There's a reason why that team was sold.:hihi:

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

how about the duke retiring 17 straight after his return from the DL tonight? the metroids have pitching depth. a reasonably good pitcher will et sent down to new orleans when pedro returns for the world series drive.

how did the bravos do tonight? lost?

how about sabanfan's evil empire? lost as well? aww too bad, looks like triple happiness again for mets fans.

9. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I remember when I was the laughing stock of some of my peers. Being a Mets fan, LSU fan, Saints fan.

Ahhhhh. It's good to be a Mets Fan. Great time to be a Saints fan. Even better time to be an LSU! fan.

Life is good.:thumb:

10. clair

clair Rockets

i don't have room to talk, because the Braves and Cowboys aren't exactly the bearer of championships these days, but how many titles have the Muts and Saints equated for in the last 20 years?

edit: on a serious note, will the Mets call up Lastings Milledge to replace Shawn Green?