2007 New york Metropolitans thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by martin, May 6, 2007.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Let me know if and when you come across that Bobblehead. That catch was sooo awesome. I rewinded (rewound?) it at least 5 times.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

the bobblehead is to be given out at a game later this season, i am gonna try and make that game. i like bobbleheads, i have a mr met and a beltran, i need a bigger collection.

check this graph out:

http://benfry.com/salaryper/

sox and mets are the only teams doing anything with their astronomical salaries. and the mets, much of their success is coming from their lower paid guys.

tirk and i have discussed before how people line up to praise billy beane, while the marlins quietly run an amazing money/win ratio team. and cleveland and the brew crew cant be argued with either. oh what a true embrassment the yankees are. clemens will arrive just in time for torre's firing and the total collapse of the empire.

24 million for the whole team in tampa? all 25 guys couldnt buy lunch for arod and clemens.

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Its official, the Mets want no part of the Hotlanta Bravos this year.

4. clair

clair Rockets

and to think. Martin told me earlier this year that Francoeur was the worst RF in baseball. and he wasn't joking.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

you have to get the shane victorino bobblehead. its the best cuz hes hawaiian and embarrassing for the poor fella. will be given out 6-3-07 if you're in town.

[​IMG]

regarding the indians. as well as they have spent money, re-signing cliff lee and letting go of cc sabathia will set that team back 5 years.

you have sizemore and vmart locked up. hafner becomes a fa so you basically have to let one or both go. committing 60 mill or whatever to lee when hes not even close to the talent cc is makes no sense. a huge, dominating fat strikeout lefty comes around once every 10 years or so. especially with the crooked bill and sideways cap. i have no idea what they're thinking but its gonna be costly.

sabathia has given up more than 3 runs something like once in the last 40 games. pretty tough in the AL to go two weeks and do that much less half a season.

regarding the catch, matthews' was clearly the best catch id ever seen but the impact of endy's given the situation makes it one of the best ever.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

he was, it was indisputable, his obp was under 300. any player with an obp under .300 should not be in the majors. especially a right fielder. he is playing better now, but before, it was not subject to question, he was TERRIBLE.

you mean the team they beat 3-0 tonight, and still lead in the standings? yeah, they want no part of the team the team they hammered for the NL east title last year, and are leading this year.

7. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Looks like Martin's gotcha on that one there, hoss.

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

This dude's got one of the nastiest curve balls I've ever seen. Right up there with the late Darryl Kile's at the beginning of his career with Houston.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

10. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Oh, last year? I could say they havent really shown up against the Braves in over a decade until last year, chief. :yelwink2:

Yes, they are leading the division and are better than the braves, but the dont want to play them. Just stick with the Nats and Marlins.