2007 New york Metropolitans thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by martin, May 6, 2007.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Thanks for the visit, we miss all the great post. You havent missed a beat.:thumb:

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

4 games in 3 days (2 Thursday, 2 today), I was actually shocked they won the early game. I was expecting them to run out of steam eventually, just wasn't prepared for that kind of @$$whipping.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

cgisclair is talking about rick peterson, yes he is a genius. he also wears his jacket zipped up to the top all year long, it is weird. nobody knows what number he wears.

the braves are a two pitcher team. the mets are not, the mets have around 4.4 reliable starters. glavine counts for one, and the combination of sosa, perez, el duque, maine and perez counts for the rest. of course pedro is reportedly healthy as two horses and is taking his time, because he can.

the braves cannot keep up with the mets. can't happen.

how about the yankees, what a disaster they are. they cant throw 5 innings without breaking a leg or finger or straining an elbow or hammy. they have invested too much in veteran sluggers and not enough in inning-eating pitching depth.

recently larry wayne jones was in the news talking about how unfair interleague is for some teams. man is he right. the mets and the braves have to play the sox and yanx and tigers and A's, all the AL playoff teams while the marlins are playing teams like the devil rays.

it happens that this year it is more fair for the mets because their primary rival is the braves, who also play a tough interleague schedule this year, and the yankees happen to be terrible. but i remember a few years ago when the mets were playing tough games in the bronx for interleague, and the marlins were very close in the standings, and they were playing the royals and tampa in interleague.

the subway series is on national tv tonight, watch the evil fellas of [​IMG] get swept by the gentlemen of[​IMG].

4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I blame everything bad that happens to the Braves on Mike Hampton.

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Metrosexuals need to get their act together tonight. Yanks putting it on 'em

6. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I'm suprised that the young kid (I forget his name) for the Yanks got the W last night. I thought he was going to be like a deer in headlights pitching against the likes of Reyes, Wright, Beltran, Delgado and the fellas. Wright went yard, but that's about it. The Yanks had a 4 run inning that put the Mets away. Posada's shot off of Maine was sick.

The Mets are the best team in baseball. Hands down. They are the perfect mixture of veteran leaders and young, exciting talents (Reyes, Wright, Chavez, etc.) Reyes and Wright will be around for a while......and I love the handshake that the two of them have. They are the team in New York and the Yankee fans can't stand it.

1 person likes this.
  7. martin

martin Banned Forever

i cant even wave goodbye left-handed. i do play golf and i bat left handed. i argue that what we refer to as "left handed" in those sports is crazy because my lefty golf swing is mostly done with my right arm. phil mickelson is on my side on this one.

his name is perfect for a yankee, clippard. the yankee clippard. facing rookies is a crapshoot. particularly double-a rooks in their first start, nobody knows anything about them. but i shouldnt make excuses, losses happen. but 2 out of 3 all year long will win you the world series. tonight they lit up the empire state building in met colors.

i will definitely agree that the mets are the best in the NL by a WIDE margin. and i mean WIDE. the sox are good though. it will be a helluva world series. call buckner and mookie and have them tell their teams how it's done.

reyes has a player-specific handshake for everyone. i dunno how he keeps up with it. he must have a player reference chart somewhere. "if player x homers he gets two fist bumps, a high-elbow, a half hug, a nod and and two quick low-fives".

8. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

No kidding? Is it really player specific? Pretty cool if you ask me.

Jose Reyes is so exciting. He is very enthusiastic about the game. I hope he stays this way for his entire career. How can you not like this guy, even if you aren't a Mets fan? He's a breathe of fresh air not only for New York, but for the entire sport, IMO. He is my favorite player. Before him, my favorite player was Mike Cameron.....now you can see why I am saying that he is a breath of fresh air.:grin:

9. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Call PETA!!!

Click the first video under SIGHTS AND SOUND to the right.

Cat Nap

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

love hammerin cameron. dark as midnight, cool dude. 4.5 tool player, good at everything but batting average. had 30 HR a few years back for new york. i can never get that horrific collision of his out of my head.

endy chavez is getting a bobblehead of his catch, sponsored by AIG, who couldnt have been more lucky on sign placement:

[​IMG]

i want that bobblehead.