2007 New york Metropolitans thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by martin, May 6, 2007.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

yeah, i was just ****ing with you. they wont fall off in the regular season. no promises after that.

2. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

Number one reason the Mets WILL NOT win the World Series:

[​IMG]

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

since we are conceding things, i am now willing to reverse my earlier assertion that jeff francoeur is the worst player in baseball. i used to say that francoeur in the lineup=no chance of winning the division, but that is no longer true. i still think he was out of the minors way too early and really ruined the braves in 2006.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I like your WS prediction! :thumb:

I have to say, I knew the Mets would have the offense that they are showing (and you're right about Reyes)...The Mets just better hope that their starting rotation (which media pundits had been really hard on heading into the season) stays healthy. If not, NYC might have two teams that mirror one another: top 5 in just about every offensive category, but no pitching.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

As a die hard Braves fan I would agree. I thought he was way too raw to be playing early on. Thank God McCann quietly covered his arse.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

here's a nice bit of trivia about william edward wagner. besides coming from a broken home so to speak. dude broke his right arm twice i believe during his pre-prep days while pitching so he taught himself to throw left handed.

im pretty sure you knew but how incredible is that. i cant even wipe my ass left handed. I could bat left handed but thats not really doing anything with that hand in particular. its pretty useless.

so he's like 5'8 and throws 100 (well almost still) opposite handed in the majors...for strikes.

pretty hard to fathom.

7. macatak911

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdiURLjaTM8[/MEDIA]

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

today the mets are beating the yanks and the sox are beating the braves. so the mets are advancing through the standings by beating the yanks, who are falling in the rankings to the sox, who are beating the braves down in the standings. it is a rare interleague perfect storm of 4 good things happening at once.

9. macatak911

.....then ATL came out with a 14-0 routing of the Bo Sox in the 2nd half of the DH.

10. clair

clair Rockets

I will come back from the dead for a second.

1. The mets are really, reallllly good, but most importantly, really realllly well-coached. Their pitching coach, his name slips my mind, but the guy with the mullet, does so much with so many guys that other teams didn't want. (Sosa, Perez).

2. The Braves are unbeatable when Smoltz and Hudson pitch, which makes them dangerous in a playoff series, but if they don't get something from James, Davies, Cormier, Lerew, Redman, they will be done by August. The strategy has been to win Smoltz and Hudsons' games and pray for a win from 1 of the other 3.

I could be off here, but I think Andruw is wearing out his welcome in the clubhouse. Everyone and their mother know he is gone at year's end, and he is playing like crap.

At the 2nd half of the DH today, Cox had him slated to hit 6th for the 1st time in ages, and then right before 1st pitch, he was scratched, so something tells me something is going on.

It should be a fun summer, anyway.

And PS, I do miss talking with you guys. :)

1 person likes this.