2007 New york Metropolitans thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by martin, May 6, 2007.

1. clair

clair Rockets

things that are pretty sad:

that someone would go through a huge thread and pick out all of the false statements- SabanFan.

just kidding with you, man. :)

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

my statements were not false, they were true at the time.

only one of my statements was a predition, and that one was wrong. dreadfully, miserably wrong.

3. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

nightly update.......not good for a certain Mr Met lover.

Nats 0
    America's Team the phillies 3 btm 6

Florida Fish 7
    Chokes/Mets 3 btm 5

martin....I recommend you find Jesus, God, or a wizrd soon and start praying, cause it is not looking good my northern friend. they were talking about the Mets collapse yesterday on the Stern show...and Gary said he saw a sign that the Mets would blow it - an armless midget wearing a Mets cap.

1 person likes this.
  4. martin

martin Banned Forever

wow, the mets are truly playing terrible baseball.

but i am a man of my word, if they do not win the division, i am packing it in. i had a good run here.

still have a couple games to go though, this aint over!

5. kedo15

kedo15 Founding Member

Martin, we know you are a man of your word ,but this forum would not be as good without you.... so for the weekend I am a big mets fan .Even if the Mets dont take their hands off their own throats, I think the vast majority on this board want you to stay.

6. clair

clair Rockets

i'd like you to stay, too.

just no more bragging about the Mets for 1, whole calender year. :) It's apparent it's a jinx anyway. lol

but with that being said, I need to be eating McDonald's every day, because I am Loving This.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

you cats are talkin like the mets are not gonna come back. alls they have to do is beat a terrible team twice in a row, and have washington win one of 2, then they go to the one game playoff. no problem.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That's why I didn't say something to indicate that the predictions were stupid or to "rub it in". You'll notice that when martin said the Yankees were a "disaster", I didn't rebut.

martin. We'll attribute your statement about leaving to heat of the moment. Kind of like a coach trying anything he can to fire his team up. I don't want you to go so please don't force me to pull for the Mets.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

also the mets are murdering the fish today. i am confident the phillies will get beat by the nats this afternoon and tie it up. don't worry friends, your precious martin aint going nowhere!

1 person likes this.
  10. martin

martin Banned Forever

not only are the mets destroying the marlins, they started a fight, and they are no hitting them through 6! thats guaranteed to scare philly into a loss this afternoon.

also damn lsu and the mets for playing at the same time, it made me miss the mets brawl.