2007 New york Metropolitans thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by martin, May 6, 2007.

1. clair

clair Rockets

hahah that's fun stuff...

they have the worst record of all NL division winners.

nah, seriously, this was bound to happen. you can only make glass look like a diamond for so long until people recognize it's a fake.

sosa, o. perez, and co. will all get exposed eventually, even though both are on the DL at the moment.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

true, but it helps keep you in first.

if they were as bad as the cardinals were last year, maybe i would be worried. although maybe not that worried, cards did ok.

yea, when sosa is revealed as a chump, the mets will have to replace him with a scrub like pedro martinez.

3. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Nice.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

i am watching the mets game now, and i am still amazed by the absurdity of the damn hill on the field in houston. stupid hicks.

1 person likes this.
  5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Wasn't that the guys name who gave A-Rod a contract worht 10 million more than he paid for the Rangers only 2 years before? Then had to trade him because he couldn't afford him.

6. clair

clair Rockets

we disagree on a lot, but geez that hill is insane-stupid.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

right, just last week willy taveras strained his quad running up that stupid thing. and willy used to play in houston so he knows what he is doing.

running all out and then hitting a little hill and a flagpole, it doesnt seem smart for a game that wants to keep their star centerfelders healthy.

8. clair

clair Rockets

it always for whatever reason seems to be the road CF who gets hurt, too... maybe a major injury to Pence would change their stance.

9. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Hunter Pence is a straight up gangsta.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

visually when I see pence play, I see alfonso soriano. he has that odd build where his torso and arms are abnormally long which creates the power in their swings. its a very rare breed from what i can recall. theres hardly anyone built that way in baseball it seems.

both are amazingly fast, have good power and their length creates a loop in their swings which causes them to strike out an abnormal amount of times for guys who can bat leadoff.

Pence's only problem will be his k/rate but may be able to overcome it like alf. they are spectacular athletes and defy the norm it seems.