2007 New york Metropolitans thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by martin, May 6, 2007.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

correct. the year sounds about right but he was with the cards. both were of the newly acquired astro, chan ho outta the park. nice teammate.

1 person likes this.
  2. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

I'll be damned. They just assigned HO to Round Rock. No matter I guess. It's a good thing when the fans get a home run ball for a souvenir.

3. clair

clair Rockets

i googled, and it was in 1999, the only year he really was ever any good.

his wikipedia page even calls him a "one year wonder". :)

4. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

I'm getting in on this a little late.

1. Vlad Guerrero is better than Reyes. I'm nitpicking. You have to be happy about Reyes vastly improving his OBP.

2. Tom Glavine closing in on 300 wins has nothing to do with how he'll contribute this year. Right now, he is a very average pitcher.

3. All of my Met fan friends call him F*gner because of all the save-blowing. He's good, but not as good as he used to be.

4. Please tell me what stretch of time JM could have been considered best in the NL.

6. True. That guy is incredible.

7. True. That guy is incredible.

8. Shawn Green stinks.

Overall, the NYM are the class of the NL and maybe MLB. You should be positively embarrased that you lost to the Cardinals - who employ David Eckstein, Tony LaRussa and at the time, Jeff Weaver.

Go Amazins!

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

fair point, vlad is incredible. he is also a smooth character. i love that he avoids int4erviews by pretending to not know english. i suspect he secretly might be one of the smartest men in baseball. plus, that wild swing of his is fun to watch.

another fair point. i think what we can say about glavine is that the chances of a total collapse for him are far lower than other pitchers putting up comparable stats. he is very consistent.

i dunno, his numbers this year are unquestionably fantastic. only one blown save, 2.1 ERA.

early this season he led the league in ERA.

i dunno about that his stats are pretty nice, batting over 300. 823 OPS. he is desperately important to the mets now because the rumor is that moises alou may not be back for a long long time.

true. the mets had been down, playing poorly, without any energy. pitchers were failing to cover first and defenders were lazy and not diving or busting it when they should be. i had a two part solution going into this weekend. the first part was that yankee stadium and the hype in the city would energize the fellas. that part has worked so far, and tonight they shut down the yanks.

the second part of the plan is that i am going to the game tuesday to see an incredibly rare shea stadium appearance of johan santana. the mets record in games i attend is outstanding, i am good luck.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I think Clemens should retire. He's still a pretty good pitcher, but he has a knack for shutting down the hitters on his own team.

7. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Agreed.

In fact, I think that he should ONLY come out of retirement to pitch in WS games
    that the Yanks play in, for $10M per.

Keep the media subterfuge to October, only 3 games max, can still watch his kids play.

And the dude STILL makes his jack.

It's a win-win-win situation.

I mean, he's STILL the greatest of all time, right?

8. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Hey Martin

Do you consider the day that Steve Phillips was fired for banging his secretary to be a Top 5 moment in Franchise history? I mean, every time he opens his mouth on Baseball Tonight I just think to myself, "This man was allowed to run a Major League Baseball team?" I wouldn't let him manage a gas station. (I definitely wouldn't let him discuss baseball on my cable network).

He still thinks guys who walk a lot but aren't fast runners are "clogging up the basepaths."

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

Re: Hey Martin

does he seriously say that? that is a classic joe morganism.

i wouldnt hire him to run a gas station either, he is miserable.

10. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Should I become concerned about my Mets yet?