2007/2008 New Orleans Hornets

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by macatak911, Oct 27, 2007.

1. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

My 1,000th post...

HORNETS WIN!!!

101-82 (N.O. 1-0)

Tim Duncan held to a career playoff low of five points.

We have a very special player in Chris Paul. Screw the voters, they got it wrong.

David West started slow but ended with a playoff career high of 30 points.

This isn't just a good run or a bunch of energetic young players. This team is legit. Of course it's early and there are seven other teams out there trying to win it all but can you imagine if the city of New Orleans got its first World Championship this year?

It's not really that much of a stretch.

2. Carface

Carface What the...?

New Orleans isn't supposed to be able to hang with the Spurs.

Or so the talking heads would like me to believe.

Three more to go.

3. PURPLE TIGER

Not only has this been a fantastic year for the Hornets but the city has received a lot of positive attention as well. The All Star game was a success and now we're getting plenty of playoff attention.

With tonight's win, we'll host at least two more games this season.

I'll be in the Arena on Monday. I hope we'll have a repeat of tonight's game!

:laflagwav:thumb:

4. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

You know what's so great about this season? We're only seeing the beginning of something that could be great for quite a while. This team should get better with experience, and look how good they are right now.

On the other hand, the Spurs are definitely on the downswing of their dynasty. They may still get some good young players to replace their current team, but other than Tony Parker their best years are behind them. They may have enough left in the tank to beat the Hornets this year. However, I think it's their last go round with the team they currently have. If they can't beat us this year, they have no shot going forward.

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I was hoping that the Suns would take them to 7 games becasue we don't want the old guys getting much rest. The Hornets wrapped up the series early as well to offset the Suns sucking it up and the Hornets took care of business. However, it is crucial that they when the next home game because it will not be easy to steal one from them at their place.

The way I look at the playoffs is no one is really leading until they steal an away game.

Still hoping to see the Jazz and Hornets in the Western conference Finals. Screw the Lakers and Spurs.:grin:

6. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

I hope so too especially if we have a crowd like Sat. that will really help.Wish we could get free shirts every game the Sea of Gold looked real nice.Also the officiating needs to be even Paul was gettin assualted by Bowen and they wouldn't call anything but guess thats how its always been for the Spurs. I just hope they wont do anymore fire tricks at the game.

7. PURPLE TIGER

I don't believe we've seen the end of the Bowen saga. He's got a chip on his shoulder for Chris Paul and will not go quietly. I hope Byron Scott brings it to the attention of the refs before someone gets hurt.

If the Hornets continue to win, I expect Bowen to get hit with a technical or possibly get ejected this series.

8. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

I cant sleep im so excited

9. Carface

Carface What the...?

Don't pee your pants, now.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The key to this series is game 2. If the Hornets can take it easily again, that will go far in New Orleans taking this series. The Spurs must at the very least push this 2nd game to the limit and for their sake steal game 2.

The Spurs are no longer the unbeatable team at home (much like the Jazz were this season).