1 opt-out, 7 academic casualties for bowl game!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Dec 20, 2021.

1. msully

msully Founding Member

I heard one player had a habit of tapping the young lady behind him she would pass her paper to him. He copied her paper where it said NAME . He pit her name he got a C she got an A. He asked why the professor said you put her name where your name should be

furduknfish likes this.
  2. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

You make a very good point. The problem is college football is about making money and winning, period. It really has nothing to do with college in terms of academics. That's just a front college football hides behind. When was the last time you saw a coach bragging about winning an academic NC? You never will because that doesn't make money! These coaches know they're recruiting players that have no interest in college and a large percentage of the players can't even read or write anywhere near a middle school level. Have you noticed that Saban rarely allows his players to speak to the media? He hand selects who speaks because he knows the reality of the situation. College football is about using these athletes to win games and that's it. It's a sad situation, but it's the reality of college football these days!

3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Too late
    https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/09/the-folly-of-woke-math/

TCUTiger likes this.
  4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I assume O finishing the season was part of the deal. And as much as this feels like a dumpster fire, the cupboard isn’t bare. We beat aTm’s best team in years and gave Saban a scare.

ROY_LA_CA likes this.
  5. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

Great Points... I'm actually getting back to being happy as a tiger fan. This year had some real low spots.

For me, one of the lowest points I recall as a tiger fan for over half a century was...

... Mettenberger was hurt and crawled off the bama field without any of his teammates helping him.

Better times are ahead... The last time LSU played ND, player for player we had great advantages, but as a team, they beat us. I'm hopeful that Kelly will bring that spirit of team back to LSU football. O did for a while. Geaux Tigers...

lsu-i-like likes this.
  6. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

I agree that we have raw talent. Some of the younger players really stepped up and played hard, even if their play book understanding was a little off. This allowed us to play those games close. If Kelly can clean out the ones that do not want to be here and groom those young guys, we will have a quick turn around. I do not see this as a long process just because the nature of LSU recruiting gets us great talent. I don't know Kelly's philosophy on winning games, but he appears to understand the importance of dominant LOS which we have been missing for years. I think talent is there across the board, we just need depth to sustain success.

7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

And the rest of the story . . . that guy is a congressman today!! :)

CagedTiger and mctiger like this.
  8. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Oh well…

9. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

132552.jpeg

Is it starting to make sense yet?

StaceyO likes this.