Zach Lee Progress

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Aug 6, 2010.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

thats wonderful, everyone has to have some credit to their lifes work.

1 person likes this.
  2. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Well looks like we have an extra scholarship now. Good thing we oversigned....Oh wait.

1 person likes this.
  3. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

To all these conspiracy theorists that think Lee "used" LSU in order to get a better MLB contract, I have a question for you.

Why didn't he just not sign with LSU or let it be known that he would rather pay baseball? He would have been a Top 10 draft pick if he had. Teams looked right past him because he made it clear he was a close to unsignable as you can get. And nearly every baseball pundit said LA could not and would not sign this kid. That is a fact.

He did not need LSU to get his contract $ up. All he had to do was shut up about football and he would have been paid anyway. It just doesn't add up. People perpetually look for the boogey man. Even qualifying these claims with "might", and "could have" is out of left field(pun intended). There is nothing to support it.

1 person likes this.
  4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Agreed. He is no longer an LSU Tiger, so good luck to him. However you never know what the future holds for him. LSU should stay close with him. There are several big time prospects that washed out of MLB to return for College Football.
    Matt Mauck and Josh Booty come to mind....

1 person likes this.
  5. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

We should invoke Nick's "24-hour rule". Let them bitch about Lee all day long but by tomorrow, move on. It's football season.

1 person likes this.
  6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

so this kid's plan was to be so convincing about wanting to play football that his draft stock in baseball plummeted?
    then pray that a team notorious for not going very high over slot opened their checkbook for the 1st time in a decade?

how musch sense does that make when you say it out loud?

1 person likes this.
  7. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TheDude again."

This. He had all intents to play at LSU, barring the Dodgers giving him some outrageous amount to play which they did. I don't see what's so hard to understand about it.. If he had no intent to stay here, he would have just said it and moved on. Check into it; you'll see his draft stock actually DROPPED a bit when he signed the LOI for LSU. If he had no intention of being here, he could have given us the finger and probably gotten even more money for being a higher pick.

8. Pintoracer

Pintoracer Somewhere in The Matrix

All the best to ZL and his family. I wish him well. I say it's better to be a Tiger for a small amount of time, than to never be a Tiger at all.

9. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

i am torn... For him personally, grats and good luck. For my LSU love, thanks for nothing.

5 mill is hard to pass up.

10. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

"Every time I think I have everything "idiot-proofed" a better idiot comes along."

1 person likes this.