Zach Lee Progress

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Aug 6, 2010.

1. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

I was told from a highschool baseball coach that knows him pretty well, that the number in his head was 3 to 3.5 million. Early talks was that the dodgers would go UP to 2 mill.

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Its a lock then :thumb:

3. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Phrase of the day! :thumb:

4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Bhelm, if Lee redshirts this year, can he play baseball in the spring? Is the eligibility in each sport or if you play any sport in a given acedemic year does it count for all sports?

5. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Would he rather play professional football or baseball? I'm not sure he stays 5 years unless he really would rather play football for a living. BHelm, you know anything about that? I mean I guess it wouldn't hurt for him to redshirt since he won't get any valuable reps in mop-up duty.

6. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

I don't think they have the cash. The guys they traded for before deadline really cash strapped them.

7. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

If baseball is his passion and he's as good as billed (and I hope he is), he's likely only here three years.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I have never heard him or his family say he liked one over the other but they did say he is not ready to give up football yet.

Time will tell just like it did with Chad Jones who always said baseball was his passion but money talked in the end.

I am not really sure if redshirting in football has any implications for baseball. I assume it doesn't but Miles or Crowton said yesterday that JJ is #1 and Lee and Lee were 2a and 2b and that Zach could get some reps this season.

9. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Not sure, but I'm pretty sure the eligibility clocks for the two sports would be seperate. He has 4 years in each sport and can do them at different paces.

Clemson's QB Kyle Parker will be a junior next season in baseball but 2009 was his redshirt freshman season in football.

10. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

That's correct. I think we just have to hope he chooses football. Otherwise, assuming he redshirts in football, he will be eligible for the MLB draft before his RS junior football season.