You might hate him, I do, but.....

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by HalloweenRun, Aug 14, 2011.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Ol' Cam looked pretty special last night. His stats understate his performance. Threw some nice passes and looked in command. Threw several to homey, Brandon Lafell.

You Saints fans might have some trouble coming your way!

I am not a big panthers fan, so you don't need to waste time trash talking back at me, but the game was on tv up here so I watched. Downpour most of game.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

My teenager thought the same thing. Lets see what he does when he plays against the 1's in a real game. All the physical talent in the world won't help you a bit when its missing between the ears. I can't wait for him to meet Ray Lewis, the hard way. If they play the ravens this year?

3. brjim

brjim Veteran Member

He got out from under center smoothly and got the ball off quickly - that was impressive. Having some wheels certainly helps a young QB. I cant imagine him trying to break in behind Chicago's offensive line.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Thinking about all of the one-on-one time he got in the off-season with Jon Gruden, and I'm just wondering about the ethics. How can the league tell teams when they can practice and how much time coaches and players can work together, but then make an exception for one guy, just because ESPN can get enough hype into its program schedule?

5. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Cam playing in the same division as the Saints will have me rooting against him for probably his entire career. If the Panthers continue to have a solid running game as expected with D. Williams and Stewart along with a few designed running plays for Cam, I fully expect he can be successful as a starting NFL QB.

Heard an interview on one of the Sirius shows over the weekend and he spoke a bit about his mom. He said she's always been in the background (compared to his pops I guess) and she's always provided a good balance as it relates to life and sports. Something as seemingly insignificant as wanting to make your family proud can prevent a guy from quitting when the going gets tough.

6. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Saints will light him up. He can't make NFL throws under pressure. He will have accuracy and timing problems and that will prevent him from being successful. I would maybe root for him if he didn't play in our division...

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I can't root for him strictly because of the arrogant attitude that he's always carried around with him. I understand that pretty much all pro athletes are terribly arrogant; it's part of the drive that gets them there. But this guy going around saying that he wants to be an "icon" and all that crap really gets under my skin.

That said, he's probably the most gifted college football player that I've ever seen, right in front of Tebow.