Wow, notice of allegations arrives right before tourney!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Mar 8, 2022.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

It's never a good time to receive a NOA from the NCAA, but only days before the SEC and NCAA tourney can't be good news for WW. Based on Woodward's lack of any kind of support for WW throughout this situation, I think WW's days as LSU's HC are numbered. I can't ever remember the NCAA devoting this much time, money and energy and then sending out a NOA telling the school that everything is hunky dory! That's doesn't bode well for WW!

Based on several reports, Wade's contract says he can be terminated for cause if they receive a NOA, not if the allegations are proven. LSU now confirms they have received an official NOA letter from the NCAA. So what does LSU do now? Do they allow WW to continue coaching or do they suspend him again or do they immediately cut ties and move on as quickly as possible?

With this situation dragging on for a couple of years now, I can't see LSU letting this issue continue to linger on and on. I think it's safe to say the actions by LSU over the next few days will tell a lot about what direction LSU basketball will be headed moving forward. Something tells me that this NOA is the final piece Woodward has been waiting on for a long time.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Bitch move by Forde and (allegedly) the NCAA.

mctiger and shane0911 like this.
  3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

based on what

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

lsu wont do anything. they will take months to respond to the allegations, then maybe eventually they lose a scholarship, which doesnt matter because of NIL. or maybe they will make wade pay 5 grand, which he can find in his couch

5. kcal

kcal Founding Member

2 words for you:

bill
    self

shane0911, Jmg and Winston1 like this.
  6. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

i think you're whistling past the graveyard,.. i believe Wade's days are numbered, and it's a little number

7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

could be…. that would also mean self, miller, et al meet their fate as well.

i just don’t envision selective enforcement…

shane0911 likes this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You've obviously never heard of the NCAA.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Yep, I don't think its any coincidence that the original breaking story and now this announcement both occur a day a two before the postseason starts.

BTW, the story as it was released yesterday....anyone else find it interesting that the only direct quotes it contains come from the alleged taped conversation? No specifics from the NCAA?

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Those specifics would only come when LSU releases a copy of the NOA. So far, as I understand this, the administration hasn't acknowledged they've even received the NOA.

lsu-i-like likes this.