Why is the SEC superior?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDeek, Jul 6, 2007.

1. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

There are now four coaches in the SEC who've won national championships (Meyer, Spurrier, Fulmer, Saban) and six who've won league championships (add Richt and Tubs to that list). Nutt and Miles have brought teams to the league championship game. Mississippi State has been to the championship game. Only Ole Miss, Kentucky, South Carolina, and Vanderbilt have not.

No other league can say that 8 of the 12 teams have been to the conference championship game of their league much less having 4 national championship coaches.

:geauxtige :champs:

1 person likes this.
  2. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I think its important to distinguish the difference between the SEC being the best league top to bottom (and it is) and being the toughest to play in... The SEC is the most physical league in the country... Even the cellar dwellers have tough defenses... On average, SEC teams are going to be more beat up and have more injuries at the end of an SEC schedule than other schools across the country.. THAT is why Miles' statments about USCs schedule are right on...

3. Pringle

Pringle FUSC and FND

it is because the south has the best and most athletic high school football players in the country

4. True Grit

True Grit Founding Member

No, this is why the SEC is the best:

Total number of 3.3+ star rated recruiting classes 2003-2007 by each BCS conference.

SEC--------------21
    Big-10-----------10
    Big-12-----------10
    ACC---------------9
    Pac-10------------7
    Big East---------ZERO
    That is more than twice as many than any other conference. This is why we are the best conference. Our geographical area simply has the most talent.

The SEC also has more bowl teams than any other conference. And we one played one "bad" team in a bowl last year(SC vs Houston).

We have FOUR coaches that have won National Championships. Then we have Les Miles, Tommy Tubberville, and Mark Ritch who are great coaches too.

We have had NINE teams go to BCS bowls, more than any other conference, and three of those bowls were National Championships, all of which we won. No other confernce has two BCS National Champs, but we have THREE, and a team that went undefeated. We also have the best BCS winning percentage, 69.2%.

Since 1930 we have been one of the top two conferences every decade.
    http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/ranki...eriod=1930-1939

We are also ranked as the #1 conference of all time
    http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/ranki...nf_rankings.php

We are the number 2 conference since 2000. Pac 10 is #1, but only because you guys have USC. Take away USC and you are probably #4.
    http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/ranki...eriod=2000-2006

So we are not the best conferene "because our games our close". We are the best conference because we have the mos talent, the best coaches, the most bowl teams, and have won more BCS championships than any other team.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

:hihi:

That's funny. Any numbers to validate that?? What is the "Average" anyway?

6. locoguano

Anyone who has every played football can attest to it...

7. LSUTiga

So tell me then, why we don't have twice as many teams in the top team as the Big 10 and the Big East??? No doubt the SEC had a SUPER year in recruiting but let's keep it in perspective. Those numbers don't always translate.

We do have super coaches in the SEC and no doubt there's no conference strongER but who cares as long as LSU wins a NC? I don't mean to sound anti-SEC but if we're going to engage in that silly conference argument, let's at least put down some sound information.

Better go look at Rivals top 100. California and Texas must have about 50 uv 'em. :eek:

Outside the BCS, bowl games don't mean chit. Aren't NEARLY always fair parings either, but teams with a 6-6 record should be home for the Holidays.

This would lend some credence to your case........too bad it's not true. There are two other conferences with two BCS National Champs and uh uh, I'm not telling who they are, look 'em up for yourself. :grin:

Did you just say that?? Dude, you want to start picking and chosing teams to eliminate in making a case for a conference being superior? That's a cake taker there.

:eek:
    It takes our conference's cumulative NC Titles to surpass a TEAM's?

8. LSUTiga

Translation..........I'm posting chit I can't back up. :thumb:

9. True Grit

True Grit Founding Member

Yes, but they do most of the time.

Im not talking about LSU, IM talking about the SEC.

Yeah, Cali is Pac 10 territtory and Texas is SEC/Big 12 territory. SEC has the most access to the best talent.

Yes and the SEC has gone to the most BCS bowl games.

I did forget ONE. Big 12. ACC doesnt count, Miami was in the Big East when they won it in 2001.

But the Pac 10 isnt a superior conference. They just have one really good team. The SEC is better top to bottom.

You know what I ****ing mean.

10. locoguano

3 defenses in the top 10, 6 in the top 25... 3 in the top 50 for the Pac10... which league is the more physical?