Politics Where are we going?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Apr 17, 2018.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

We thrived because immigrants assimilated and wanted to make the best of the opportunity that was America. They adopted social, economic and cultural norms. Not quite where we stand now with illegal aliens.

el005639 and Bengal B like this.
  2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

First off I didn’t include illegal aliens so quit deflecting. Trump is putting policies in place to reduce legal immigration which we need badly. Second we’ve never been the total melting pot more describe.
    I’m old enough to remember going into Cajun country and meeting people who if they didn’t want to talk pretended not to speak English and stayed out of the mainstream. Likewise there have always been parts of major cities that kept separate....Chinatowns in NY & SF, Little Italy etc. Parts of Texas, and the Midwest where German was the major language. NYC is still divided ethnically. Little Vietnams in New Orleans and elsewhere. Miami after the Cuban Revolution and Mariel boatlift. It takes several generations to assimilate. If you go to the southwest immigrants (legal) speak both English and Spanish interchangeably but take on American mores increasingly.
    Did you know that German speaking immigrants were the largest population in the US until the last year or so? The A bomb wouldn’t have been developed in time had it not been for the Hungarian, Italian and German immigrants. Likewise we owe cell phones to a Hungarian scientist turned Hollywood actress Hedy Lamar. We wouldn’t have enough engineers in the oil, chemical and refining business if it weren’t for the Indian immigrants.
    Finally if it weren’t for immigration our economy and standard of living would be much lower. The benefits of fairly open legal immigration far outweigh the problems.

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Read my post kaca! I said I’m against illegal immigration. Quit deflecting and conflating legal and illegal immigration. Trump is trying to restrict and reduce LEGAL immigration too.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

In today's world we have to be careful who we allow in. Barackmed Obamahammed wanted to let millions of Syrian Muslims into the USA. Would have had a voters card issued to each as soon as they set foot on American soil.
    No Muslims should be allowed in under any circumstances.

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Be careful what you say about all Muslims. I agree I wouldn’t let a Syrian, Iraqi or Afghan in unless vouched for by members of our armed services who served with them however there are many East Asian Muslims I work with and sell to who are critical to our industry especially the oil and power industries. They’re engineers mostly but also administrators and executives.

6. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

what about the 3,450,000 Muslim Americans who already live here? Guillotine? Gas Chamber?

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

So @tirk and @Kikicaca what do you say about the illegals who have served in our armed services and fought for this country? Are they trying to assimilate? What about the college students and firemen etc? They’re not a trivial number. What about them?
    What about those just trying to support a family?

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

We have no legal or moral obligation to allow immigration of any kind if its not in the national interest. Also it should be hard to get into the US. What galls me is people coming here legally have a very difficult long road to becoming a citizen whereas illegals BREAKING IN to our country are put to the front of the line. Also in particular European and Asians have an even harder time legally enetring the US. We need to do whats right for the citizens that are legally here now (which BTW include Mexicans, Asians, South Americans, Blacks, women and children) all the precious minorities you are insinuating we discriminate against.

My rant on illegals was just to drive the point home about illegal immigrantion cause I am sick of this term undocumented workers or immigrants or all the other phony leftist names for people who are criminally breaking into our country. Once again the left needs Mexicans more than ever they are slowly losing the black vote.

Bengal B likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Haven't we already given them enough money for each of them to open a convenience store, a motel or a used car dealership? 3 1/2 million is a small percentage of the total population, especially when they are spread out throughout the country. The danger is letting that percentage increase. @uscvball has posted some interesting statistics about what happens as the Muslim population increases. Unlike other immigrants from all races and creeds, they don't want to assimilate with the American predominantly Judeo-Christian ethic that this nation was founded upon. We want prople who want to live in harmony with us, not people who want to kill us.

10. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Muslims, I worry more about being struck by lightning

I could find statistics that show that Muslims have assimilated very well into the American fabric.

but I'm not here to cure what ails ye, give em a good hate if you want to