What's your favorite Ice cream/frozen yogurt joint?

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by LSUTyga73, May 26, 2010.

1. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Having lived in Monroe the past year, I've been to Eskamoes, Counterculture (just opened there), TCBY, and The Creamery. Eskamoes has been my favorite so far but I've yet to try others like Ray's Pege for those familiar with the area.

As for BR, I like Menchies for frozen yogurt. I know Boscoes and another place next neighborhood Walmart on Highland/Lee just opened up but heard they aren't as good. I haven't checked out a lot of the places in BR but open to suggestions. So... what have you? It doesn't have to be just BR but anywhere. But, I'll be in BR all summer and looking for great ice cream and frozen yogurt places!

2. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I like the Marble Slab Creamery. Strawberry with chocolate chips mixed in is the bees knees. :thumb:

3. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

i keep saying i want to try the Hersey's place on Lee. I just never get around to going there.

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

for ice cream, braum's. its a regional thing. its an ice cream and dairy store, and they have the worlds best milk. i grew up on their milk and ice cream. now, the flavor depends on my mood. but when i was little i was partial to chocolate almond. i remember my grandmother always got strawberry ice cream, and my grandfather always got butter pecan.

http://www.braums.com/OurHistory.asp

for frozen yogurt, there is a place here called pink swirl. its a live culture frozen yogurt place. the flavor is a bit different since it is live culture like real yogurt, but i like it. it has a bit of a tart taste to it, even the sweet flavors.

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I finally did and went twice more after that. I was surprised and I really liked their Cookies and Cream.

My daughters cotton candy ice cream was really good too.

6. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

considering the week i have had so far, I think that place might be lunch tomorrow.

7. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

I've been in that place too, for the better days and the worse days.

I haven't been to Marble Slab in a while but people tell me good things about it.
    Has anyone been to Counterculture in BR? I've been to the one in West Monroe and it seemed a little overpriced and people said they give less portions than the one in Shreveport.

8. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Cold Stone Creamery in Lubbock, but the best was an Amish country store that had home made ice cream. It may have been the atmosphere and sitting outside on a hot muggy day, but it was righteous ice cream.

And they have a Braums in WF, but I have never been inside although folk say it is great.

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Blue Bell Moolenium Crunch.

10. DJM136

DJM136 fubar 24/7

I'm still little :grin: and love Baskin Robbins chocolate almond.

2 people like this.