what ya cooking for the SECCG

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by 1BIGTIGER, Dec 2, 2011.

1. 1BIGTIGER

1BIGTIGER Founding Member

We are going to have a big pot of chilli and Dawgs for the pre game lunch with a big ol peach cobbler for dessert.:geauxtige

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I thought about cooking some doves but didn't take them out of the freezer so I'm still undecided right now.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

seafood gumbo. not sure what i will fix to geaux with it. if tomorrow is like today, i will be hard pressed to find time to get the gumbo made so it may just be gumbo only.

btw, i have never put anything other than seafood in my seafood gumbo. i was thinking of maybe adding a bit of andouille or tasso. not a lot, just enough to give it a bit heartier flavor. does anyone ever make it that way? the seafoods will be crab, shrimp, and oysters.

4. LSUTiga

I've come to like gumbo the same way red does, with a little okra in it. Just adds some texture and flavor to the spoonsful of juice.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We will grill shrimp kabobs and tenderloin kabobs.

6. OkieTigerTK

i like gumbo with or without okra. each way has it's own personality. however, the green one does not like okra, so i am looking for something different to try.

im thinking i may try a small amount of andouille, but a smaller chop than what i use for my chicken and sausage gumbo. just for a bit heartier gumbo and maybe a bit more depth.

and i need to get it made. work this morning got away from me and noon sneaked up on me!

7. fnzen

fnzen Founding Member

I always put a little sausage in my seafood gumbo yes it gives it that extra extra...I find it better also if you skim the grease before you serve serve so its not as heavy

8. LSUTiga

Take him out a few ladles and put it in a smaller pot with one drumstick and one piece of sausage then add your okra. :lol:

9. OkieTigerTK

eh, i'm too sweet for that.

i ended up putting a bit of andouille and tasso in it. not a lot. the two combined was maybe 1/4 to 3/4 seafood. and it was excellent! it did add a depth and more oomph to the gumbo. one of the best ones i have made!

edit to add: and i had enough to put some in the freezer for later on. i'm thinking i'll have myself a damn strong lunch or dinner one day! :D

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I also made chili. I was going to eat at half-time, but the offense was so depressing, I ate during the second quarter--and drank a half a bottle of wine. I think I'll finish off the wine during the BCS Selection Show tonight.