What players are most likely to breakout next year?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tzanghi, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Whether he starts are not he will have an impact. He is too talented for Aranda not to find a role for him.

furduknfish, LSUTiga and LSUpride123 like this.
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Plays small. He should be dominant. Maybe in time.

kcal and Brian like this.
  3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I honestly believe Chaisson will far exceed the abilities of both, Key and Mingo. He has a play vision that accentuates his speed. Key and Mingo both tended to over pursue the rush whereas Chaisson is simply a better playmaker on the ball and the QB.

For breakout player, I really really wanna believe that Kardell Thomas as an offensive guard is gonna be a beast helping skill players get even more from their own efforts. We are gonna miss Stone Cole Tracy something fierce, but I think we signed a somebody out of Cade York. He is a solid kicker with all that remains is efficiency on distance kicks.

tzanghi likes this.
  4. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Cade York just hit a 59-yarder.

Brian, LSUTiga and CajunlostinCali like this.
  5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Whoa, his best (listed) was 47. Thats a fun 3 points right there.

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Next man up!

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Jacoby Stevens stats for the A&M and Fiesta Bowl games combined:
    20 tackles
    4.5 tackles for loss
    .5 sack
    1 interception
    7 QB pressures
    4 QB hurries
    on passes where his man was the target, QBs scored a 49 QB rating by the NFL rating system
    (this according to Cody Worsham with LSU Sports)

kcal, Brian, LSUTiga and 1 other person like this.
  8. TheRealist

TheRealist GEAUX TIGERS

I'm hoping for Burrow to have a similar trajectory to Mett. So far their production has been similar except Mett had a coming out party against Bama his first year starting. Then got pummeled the next year.

9. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I believe Chaisson will have a great season. He is just too talented not to.

Stevens has really stepped up. He's played extremely well. As mentioned, he is at his best playing aggressive, close to the LOS. He is a hybrid S/OLB.

Chase appears to be the best young WR. He is starting to look the part of the top tier prospect he was touted as. Hopefully, the consistency with his hands comes as well.

While I don't know if he plays a lot, Kardell Thomas in time will be a BEAST.

10. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Stingley will play quickly as evidenced by coaches comments calling him their best corner during bowl practices, even though he couldn’t play in bowl. He will start and quickly. Stingley/Fulton is a great combo on the outside. Vincent will do well in slot.

I wish they played the receivers like the corners. Starting corners basically played the whole game save for blowouts. I thought this team played way too many receiver combos. Find four who are the most consistent and have best rapport with QB and stick with them. IMO, that’s Jefferson, Chase, Marshall, and probably Dillon because of his work in the slot. Sullivan and Anderson are nice players who theoretically should be able to get you out of max protect situations due to height but that hasn’t panned out though they both made nice plays this year. I just don’t think they’re better than the two freshmen. Chase is probably better than Marshall right now but Marshall’s ceiling might be higher. They both have more natural pass catching ability than the rest of the squad. Once they mature as blockers (hopefully 2019 season) that’s your ODB/Landry Part 2.