What meds do you take?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by tirk, Oct 24, 2013.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

No one on anti depressants? Even after saturday?

Maybe it's just my friends and family. I may be the common denominator.

islstl, LSUTyga73 and StaceyO like this.
  2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I am pretty anti-prescription pills. I've had many many friends die and have their lives ruined over getting hooked.

I had a vasectomy about 8 years ago and didn't even take the pain pills that were prescribed. Toughing it out wasn't that bad. Of course, I drank like a fish for a couple of nights.

tirk likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

For anybody who takes any prescription meds, if you print the card below and give it to your pharmacist it will save you up to 9o % off your prescription prices.

Print this Card and Save!

Present this to your pharmacist and save up to 90% or more!

--------------------------------------------------
    l FREE PRESCIPTION SAVINGS CARD .
    l .
    l This Card Works! .
    l .
    l Present to Pharmacy - Save up to 90% .
    l .
    l MEMBER ID: Enter Patient’s Phone Number .
    l .
    l RxGROUP: NCR2004 .
    l
    RxBIN: 610568 .
    l PCN: DRX INCAREX .
    l
    1 THIS IS NOT INSURANCE= ITS FREE Your information
    is never disclosed to third parties or used
    for solicitaion, unlike any other card

THIS IS NOT INSURANCE, IT’S FREE! Your Information is never disclosed
    to any third parties or used for solicitation, unlike any other card.

NO OTHER PHARMACY CARD IN AMERICA OFFERS BETTER OVERALL SAVINGS!

Take this to your local CVS, Wal-Mart, Walgreens, Target, K-Mart Rite-Aid
    Winn Dixie, Fred's, Albertson's,Publix, Safeway tell them we sent you,
    and save!

How Do I Benefit? You save money of course, but also there is no longer a
    need to shop around for the lowest price! It’s the same low price at each
    pharmacy, providing you the freedom to use the pharmacy you enjoy the most.

Unlike other prescription discount cards, your information is never disclosed
    to third parties, and you will NEVER be solicited for mail order.

Hand the card to the pharmacist when you drop off your prescription and see
    what kind of discount you get. Brand name drugs will have a typical 10-20%
    discount with greater savings coming on generics where you can save up to 75%.
    We've seen some discounts even higher!

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I take an aspirin every night and vitamins too. No prescriptions

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I take a scrip pill once a day to control gout. That's all.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I know a lot of pill heads then. I thought it was more common even in a small sample here.

7. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

I avoid medicine as much as possible.

As for anti-depressants Tirk,

I know too many people who are only a shell of a person due to anti-depressants. Yea they avoid panic attacks and don't get too worked up. But they are emotionally numb, sleep all the time, and are overweight. Anti-depressants do more harm than good in the long run because people lean on the meds to contain their emotions rather than contain them on their own.

Another horrible med is ADHD meds for kids. Never put your children on these. Besides being a zombie for the first hour after they take it, and starving themselves, the effect on their metabolism is really bad. If anyone would ask me about whether I recommend them I would definitely not do so.

tirk likes this.
  8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

@Kal-El012 Is this based off of your lay observations or are you in the medical field. I'm just curious although I do agree with you for the most part. I'm not in medicine but my wife is.

9. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I had a very dear friend of mine die. First, he started with pain killers like loritab. He did it socially and did it when he was 'partying'. Then, he found out that they cure hangovers. Then he begun using them very often. Then he developed a tolerance and sought stronger pills. He was in a signed band and could get his hands on pretty much anything he wanted. It evolved into oxycontin and opana. Then he started getting these patches, called fentanyl. I didn't find this out until after his death, but he would harvest the gel from the patch and shoot it into his arm. His lovely wife, who knew nothing even back in the loritab days, found him dead in the bathroom.

I've since lost 2 other friends from high school. One was my best friend in high school. Class favorite, most handsome, etc . He mixed a couple of pills that you aren't supposed to mix (I want to say that it was xanax and methadone). He died. Another friend was hooked for years and overdosed. My brother had an issue and thankfully he moved away to San Diego and is sober (doesn't drink or anything).

My friends from high school that abuse scipts that are still alive are wreaking havoc on their families, friends, etc. It is awful to hear the stories. I feel like I could make this thread 5 pages long telling y'all about the good people that I grew up with that I've seen ruin their lives.

Prescription pain pill abuse is rampant in this country. That shit is WAY worse than street drugs.

Anyways, the way people get hooked is that they think that they can't get hooked. I know that I can get hooked (just like anyone else) so I have always turned my nose up at prescription drugs.

I'm no goodie goodie. I like to drink and I like to party....probably more than anyone on this board. But prescription pain pills are fucking evil. Do not do them.

10. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

No sir, I am not a doctor, but I have had first hand experience. My son's weight has fluctuated so bad, while being on then taken off ADHD meds, he was almost unrecognizeable to people he hadnt seen in awhile. He went from being a striker on a soccer team to being an offensive lineman in a matter of maybe 2 months. Now he is as big as he as ever been will have a very hard time getting back to a normal weight.