What is the buyout for Orgeron and how did we get ourselves in this predicament?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Recruiting coordinator for 4 games until Miles was fired. Frank Wilson was recruiting coordinator until the end of the 2015 season

Rouxleaux and lsu-i-like like this.
  2. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

I keep bringing up Ole Miss and people either think it was so long ago that it doesn't matter or that what happened at Ole Miss can't happen here because of superior talent. I'm telling you that I think this team has too much talent to be playing this poorly. And even if the team is lacking in talent, Ed Orgeron had a lot to do with recruiting these guys...

But everyone who says it's too early is probably right. Even I wouldn't fire him after one year...certainly not at $12 million

LSU_4_LIFE and Rouxleaux like this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Everybody keeps saying what they would or wouldn't do based on what it costs. I don't care what something costs if it's not my money. How would paying Jimbo $7 or even $8 million have affected any of us? That money doesn't come from our taxes or even from the academic side of the university. It is all money generated by the football revenue. I'm for giving Oeaux a fair chance now that he is in place for s while but if we could all of a sudden get Saban or Urban Meyer for $20 million I would say go ahead and pay it along with Oeaux's buyout. ITS NOT OUR MONEY!

LSU_4_LIFE and Pjoe like this.
  4. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

http://www.wdel.com/sports/national...cle_c7580f36-9dc3-55c3-b978-620edb30bdf6.html

Please note the part of the article that says " The Tigers have started as many as four freshmen this season. Going into the Mississippi State game, LSU played 20 true freshmen, the most in FBS through two games." I was incorrect about starting, I will admit that but again you need to focus on what the point was. We are a very young and inexperienced team.

As for O recruiting it is just common sense he isn't going to recruit who he wants, that had to get approval from fudd.

5. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

I'm hoping O has a Fulmer moment when he played a lot of young guys and they grew into a championship team. These young guys can make mistakes as long as they are growing into their role on this team. If that is the plan then I'm ok with it, but if O really is a deer in the headlights then we are just wasting time.

6. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

We should have a good idea by the end of this season if O is for real as a HC. Geaux Tigers...

Pjoe likes this.
  7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

There is an explicit and implicit cost to everything.

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Droppings reports Eaux's weekly radio show is having technical difficulties and can't take calls. This is the kind of shit that's gonna bump me off the bandwagon.

9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

2016-11-27-18-48-41--697940537.jpeg

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

You know nothing. We currently do not have enough talent and the talent we do have is either hurt or young and a lot of talent didnt come here or split. O had very little to do with who Miles wanted, recruiting coordinators are assigned the task of landing who the head coach and staff decides they want. A lot of the talent you think we have didnt come here because they didnt want to play for Miles or because he was fired. Marcus Spears hit it on the head. You are just another fast food fair weather fan who helps bring programs down by driving away the talent, you want so badly, away.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    diamondheadtiger likes this.