What is the buyout for Orgeron and how did we get ourselves in this predicament?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

I think it remains to be seen who is thick. IMO this looks a lot like an Ed Orgeron team right now...

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

It doesn't; I'm not saying O won't fail, I'm saying it's too early to write him off based on what he did 10 years ago. He had a good interim run and a rough start this year, but there are a lot of changes this year. If this entire year is a struggle, then strike 1. If next year isn't significantly better, strike 2, maybe strike 3. If year three isn't kicking ass/taking names, strike 3.

3. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I liked the way he made his decisions without much hesitation and threw some very crisps balls (minus the dropped pick six).

TheRealist and lsu-i-like like this.
  4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

It think it's the 3 strikes that scare so many of us. We've seen this before...if we're old enough.

So, if O gets three years and sucks for all of them, it may take a decade to recover from that. Cool, I guess...I'll be retired in 9 years, so I can spend all of my time on a message board once we become relevant again.

furduknfish, cul2969 and lsu-i-like like this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I remember the dark ages. We had to let Miles go, and Alleva had to be the one to make the hire. If we'd have spent stupid money on a hot shot that failed it'd be worse long term. Wouldn't it be great if O worked out? It'd be a hell of a story. I just hope we can beat Saban before he leaves.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

It was time for Miles to go. Alleva should never have been hired here after the Duke disaster over which he presided. I never felt good about Alleva making a football hire.

If O works out, I will readily admit I was wrong, and I will be happy I was wrong because we didn't plummet into the basement of the SEC.

ParadiseiNC and Bayou Tiger like this.
  7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

How in the hell would you know what an Ed Orgeron team looks like? He inherited Miles team and he inherited Kiffins team. He will be playing with Miles guys for a while not all bad but this is far from O's team. Will take 2 more years to get HIS team in place.

Rouxleaux likes this.
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

He needs to show steady progress if not I will call for his firing.

9. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

But wasn't he part of Miles staff and recruiting coordinator for some of that time? Some of these are his players too. Especially those 20 Freshman Rouleaux likes to talk about

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I will buy part of what you say but it's a fact that every recruit has to be approved by the head coach. Recruiting coordinators are there to land the recruits the head coach approves of. The position coaches have input on who we offer also.