What I want to see in the Fall of 2012

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Feb 20, 2012.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I just hope that LSU has a passing game. After the last 4 years of absolute putrid passing games we have put on the field, I am dying inside to see a legit passing attack in purple and gold. I understand its Les Miles style to pound it and play defense. I get that, but I can’t stand another season of below average QB play, and being one dimensional. (That goes for both JJ and JL). We have had two back to back extremely successful seasons, and I am not taking anything away from all the effort put into those, but I’d kill to see LSU with an offense we can hang our hat on. I do NOT by any means want to exchange our defense in return for a Texas Tech, UH air assault, but, please, please bring us something we have been dying to see.

I know this much, we have an outstanding defense returning. We are completely LOADED on D. Once again, Loaded 2 deep at almost every position on the field. Bringing back yet another group of talented, hungry, motivated, caged animals on defense that are going to scour the field, attack the ball with speed that kills and bring the hat so hard it makes opposing players fake injuries. We are loaded in the secondary with 2 of the hardest hitting safeties in CFB (Reid & Loston) lined up alongside the badger & Simon. We have a LB rotation that may be the best EVER at LSU and a DL rotation that once again seems unfair. Our OL is experienced & seasoned, our stable of running backs is basically overloaded and makes you wonder who is about to transfer out because you can’t “sit” that much talent and expect a few not to leave. (Ware, Hilliard, Magee, Blue, Ford, & now Hill)

It’s now down to our QB & WR’s. I have faith in Mett. Not sure why yet, but I do. I have faith in OBJ, but I’d be lying if I said that I wasn’t worried about us being thin at the WR spot.

Anybody else share this concern?

I know I am getting ahead of myself, but with what this team went through and the talent we have coming back, on top of the favorable schedule, I can’t help but think National Championship. Honestly, I can’t help but think National Championship at the beginning of every season, not “hope” but “think”

2. DoctorDave

DoctorDave Guest

"I just hope that LSU has a passing game."

If LSU just has an offense ranked in the upper 1/2 of the NCAA, it will seem like a GREAT offense.

"Our stable of running backs is basically overloaded and makes you wonder who is about to transfer out because you can’t “sit” that much talent and expect a few not to leave. (Ware, Hilliard, Magee, Blue, Ford, & now Hill)"

I expect one or more of these to convert to another position.

3. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

If I hear CLM say just one time "we are a run first team" I will slit my wrists!:angryfire

4. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

You know Miles is going to be dead set on running the football. He is a stubborn mule, a winning mule but stubborn as hell. I don't mind pounding the rock, but in the 2nd half after we have kept the defense honest by Mett lighting up their secondary.

It blows my mind how I can sit and watch these early Saturday and weeknight games with these no name QB's sit in the pocket and kill it. I just think quietly to myself "why the hell can't LSU field a passing attack??????"

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=30.070145,-95.535211

5. LSUTigerMax

LSUTigerMax Freshman

I love running the ball. But you have to be balanced in order to succeed. Running 50 times and throwing 8 is not balanced. I just hope for closer to a 50/50 split. Oh, and something beyond up the middle on the run would be great too.

6. IceThunder

IceThunder Freshman

would like to see what Mettenberger brings to the table, and be on the lookout for MICAH EUGENE cornerback #34 i think he was redshirted last season i look for him to play some nickel this season!! geaux tigers

7. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

I would hate to be your wrists !!!:(

1 person likes this.
  8. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

How about the option? I hear that's in the playbook somewhere.

9. LSUTigerMax

LSUTigerMax Freshman

The option can work, but it will not work if always done by running it to the same side of the field every time or always doing it with the same QB and RB, and subing both of them at the same time to do it.

Of course, the option leaves a bad taste in people's mouths after the last few years so to not run up the middle and not run the option still gives us the toss, the counter, the direct snap, the draw, and the WR handoff to name a few.

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Even if we go undefeated this year and win the BCSNCG, I will be ecstatic, but it won't be the same because our OOC schedule sux so bad this this year. Had we been able to finish last year, we would have to be considered one of the best teams in the history of college football, given the brutal schedule we ran roughshod through. No such schedule this year. I know, the SEC is brutal enough, but take a look at some of the non-conference teams we play. It's embarrassing.

1 person likes this.