What Concerts Have You Been To ?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by HatcherTiger, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I'm going to Tool in New Orleans Saturday night. I saw them in BR a few months ago. Tool is great.

2. Crystal_lsu

Crystal_lsu Founding Member

I saw Tool in br in may...I didn't think it was that great...wasn't what I was expecting. Of course, my bad experience could be due to the stupid az that came with me.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Jimmy Buffett (more times than I can count)
    Kiss (3 times)
    Motley Crue (3 times)
    Ozzy Osbourne
    Def Lepard
    Van Halen
    Rush
    Judas Priest
    Lover Boy (go ahead, yuk it up, but it was when I was in Junior High in the early 80's)
    Smashing Pumpkins
    Ronnie James Dio
    Metallica
    Better than Ezra (At the Varsity in BR after LSU Alabama in '99?)
    Cowboy Mouth (3 or 4 times)
    AC/DC
    IRON -FREAKIN- MAIDEN (I know some of you will laugh, but this is THE BEST concert I've ever been too)
    Stereo MCs
    Depeche Mode
    Red Hot Chili Peppers

These are the one I remember. I'm know there are others, but I've probably killed those brain cells and don't remember them. I'll edit this post if/when I do.

4. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Their show is not the typical rock show. In order to truly enjoy their show, you need to be one of the following:

1) Seriously into Tool and their music
    2) A musician or someone that understands what they're doing on-stage
    3) On weed or LSD (that's the only way the lasers and videos would make much sense)
    No laughter from me. I haven't seen them, but a lot of people with good opinions have absolutely RAVED about the Maiden shows.

5. Cajun Sensation

Wow, Crystal. You've got to be kidding me. That was a great show. I hope the show tomorrow night is just as good. I sold my Ole Miss tickets once I found out that Tool was coming again. It's one of the only bands on the planet that could have made me do such a thing. Something tells me that I won't be sorry.

Any of ya'll going to Tool in N.O. tomorrow night?

1 person likes this.
  6. Crystal_lsu

I think my major problem with it wasn't so much the show just a bad experience with the az who i went with... Why I continue to be friends with people i previously dated is beyond me. He got mad at me because i was chatting with the guys standing next to us. he went completely ape****...took my keys and was going to leave. I had to chase him outside, get an officer to get the keys from him, then i told him to f.o.e.s.a.d.

Its a shame too because we had floor tickets so it probably was awesome to those who didnt have all the drama....dammit now i wanna go! lol

7. Cajun Sensation

I'm glad I wasn't on the floor. Tool's stage was solid white and during the entire show, they poured lazers and images and crazy designs and sh*t onto the stage. During the show, Adam Jones had somewhat of a solo and an HD flame popped up around him and burned while he wore out his guitar. That's the kind of stuff you couldn't see from the floor. Plus, I'm too old for the floor! I don't like to get pushed around. I like to marinate and watch the musicians master their insturments. Watching Danny Carey play the drums is a priviledge. I will be watching this show from the balcony. I'll let you know how it goes.:)

8. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Zero moshing at the show here. Reserved seating on the floor level too. I'm glad I wasn't on the floor as well, since you can't see much. Here are some pics from my seat, using a crappy phone camera.

9. Cajun Sensation

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

10. Crystal_lsu

I always try to get floor seats....I like the rush of trying to get up front and act like a crazy retarded person hehehehe.... Just about every concert I have been to I was able to make it to the front row. Aerosmith was awesome i was at the feet of Steven Tyler. He is so ugly, he's cute. :grin: