What area(s) of our team worry you the most this year?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mrx, Jun 28, 2005.

1. mrx

mrx Founding Member

1.Quarterback
    2.Field Goal Kicking

2. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

1. QB - I think Russells potential is All-American but he is still a sophmore and will make mistakes....that worries me

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

1. Coaching staff - I believe them to be very talented, but they aren't proven to be national champion caliber, yet (of course that's an almost impossible hire anyway). Also, they will be comming together for the first time & have to adjust to each other's styles.
    2. QB - tons of potential, little experience, lots of room for improvement. Can it come together?
    3. Defensive Backfield - i'm not very worried about this, but it's the only other thing I think can be questioned. Talented, but some what inexperienced.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

1. Kicking
    2. Kick returns
    3. Kick coverage
    4. the "Prevent" defense

I'm not worried about the offense or the defense. I'm really worried about special teams. Despite our QB problems, LSU would have finished 11-1 last year except for two plays. A breakdown on the extra point defense at Auburn and a breakdown in the prevent defense in the bowl game.

5. Logan

Logan Founding Member

Cornerbacks.

We saw what trouble with cornerbacks can cause when we played Georgia last year. What's to say the inexperience at that position won't open the opportunity for ASU's QB Sam Keller, either of TN's QB's, or Chris Leak to make a repeat attempt of the '04 Georgia game?

And obviously QB, probably the most important one to worry about.

6. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

The shuffle at LB. We'll find consistency there eventually, but it better not cost us a game. I honestly see Hollis in the middle, and Vaughn back at outside lineback by the end of the year, and true freshman Al Jones starting at the other outside backer spot. I'm not scared about our QB play at all, and I'm even less concerned about our corners, we have 4 guys who could start for just about any team in the SEC there.

7. BigMamou

BigMamou Founding Member

DBs and LBs, I actually think the QB possition will be strong.

8. BB

BB Founding Member

The breakdown in the Auburn game cost us overtime, not a victory.

9. Logan

Logan Founding Member

Ronnie Prude (1 int.) did decently last season, excluding his blunder with Iowa. Chevis Jackson...don't know much about him. He had no interceptions last season, then again he started behind Daniels and Webster.

The other two CB's have no experience to backup that they could "play for any team in the SEC".

Joseph was a backup at the juggernaut of college football, Colorado. Mario Stevenson will come off rusty after a one year break, but gets a plus because at least some of his tutelage was under Nick Saban. They haven't proved much of anything. That is what I am worried about.

But my main focus is on Right CB, where Joseph and Stevenson play.

10. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

1. QB
    2. CB

Both positions are positions that we have a LOT of talent--but not a lot of experience.