United States-N Korea Summit

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by GiantDuckFan, Jun 11, 2018.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

A snapshot of what the big 3 cable news networks are saying at this moment:
    Fox: cautiously optimistic, "we've had more detailed agreements with NoKo before, and they didn't live up to them....long way to go"
    MSNBC: "There is nothing concrete here, unlike Obama's Iran deal, which eliminated 97% of nuclear materials from that country - gone" (ignoring the fact that Iran didn't live up to the deal we paid them billions to take)
    CNN: "Trump is praising Kim as a skilled negotiator who loves his country, and last week he was insulting Trudeau of Canada. Mr. Canadian ambassador, what do you think of that?"

2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

MSNBC & CNN is not news they are both an arm of the democratic party. Besides all the other great conservative things Trump has done in such a short time one of the best things he has done is flush out the dispicable MSM for what they are.

3. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

The MSM is pretty negative, though not without some cause.

I believe the real issue/problem is that Trump has “talked” way past the written word. Indicative of Trump’s mode of operation, going about doing something good, but doing it poorly. A restrained statement, matching the very broad agreement would have been a confidence builder and would have denied the media naysayers the ammo to paint this as an over eager Trump, giving away a lot more than he got.

I’m all for dropping the joint exercises. Japan and South Korea have huge economies, either one should be able to field a better team than NK.

Finally, (almost) as bad as Trump may or mat not be, MSNBC insistence on bringing out a never ending parade of “experts” who FAILED in their efforts while working for prior administrations makes me crazy.

I certainly hope Trump has achieved something, but it seems we have been down this road before, without specifics, and the road went nowhere. Would be great if this time it is different.

GiantDuckFan, LSUTiga and Winston1 like this.
  4. mctiger

Don't disagree with anything here. The Trump "talk"....I've said for a long time that he needs someone advising him on what to say or not say. Unfortunately, its way too late for that. If he hired the world's greatest politician whisperer, and became the model political speaker from this moment on, it wouldn't matter. His reputation in that regard is set and will never be changed.

HalloweenRun and Winston1 like this.
  5. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

At the risk of pouring gas on the fire, by referencing a NY Times op-ed piece, William Kristoff’s column today, IMHO, hits the nail on the head.

I never know if a link will work for non subscribers, but if not, and you are interested, going to the site, directly, may give a limited number of free reads. IDK.

Anyway, I read this after posting, and covers what I tried to say much, much better,

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/12/...-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

The idea that we have had talks before that amounted to nothing is laughable. We haven’t had a president who doesnt give a fuck in a long time.

There is much different here.

It’s fun watching the Libs having to deal with the reality that Trump is doing a good job.

You know hernia doing a good job when the only critique is his post meeting word choice.

Lots of low T males in the reporting pool.

7. mctiger

That's (the NYT article) basically the transcript from today's Morning Joe program. I find it laughable that he blames Trump for creating global tension for threatening NoKo last year....apparently, Kim's multiple nuke tests didn't unnerve anyone.

GiantDuckFan and LSUpride123 like this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Huge concession? Lol. War games will be back on if no de-nuke progress is made.

Good thing it’s in the opinion section.

Media went from meeting will never happen to “Trump is being out-foxed”.....

Which is it?

9. mctiger

Exactly.....they bitch that Trump pulls the US out of agreements he doesn't like, but it never occurs to them that he would pull out of this one if it goes wrong.

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Love the great unbiased sources you present to us. You just as soon quote Pravda. Only thing your link to the NYT shows is yet more confirmation of the slavish worship this rag has to the demcrat party.

Try eating yogurt instead of ice cream might clear your gead a bit

shane0911 likes this.