UAB preparation

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Noth1ngfaced, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Noth1ngfaced

Noth1ngfaced Veteran Member

The Blazers looked much-improved on both sides of the ball yesterday, but like clockwork, they collapsed in the 4th quarter and lost in overtime to Troy, 34-31.

Garrick McGee is the former offensive coordinator at Arkansas and has seen LSU many times before.

Also, history is on the side of UAB, having won 13-10 in the previous matchup.

What are your predictions this time around? I'm thinking it stays close for a half.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

We didn't have as good of a coaching staff when we last played UAB.

islstl, $TigerFan$, LSUDad and 6 others like this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

nice shot there Stacey =)

tzanghi and LSUDad like this.
  4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Why, thank you, LaSalle.

LSUDad likes this.
  5. Noth1ngfaced

Noth1ngfaced Veteran Member

Alabama-Birmingham will use two Quarterbacks: Austin Brown and Jonathan Perry.

McGee used both in the loss against Troy yesterday.

6. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Awesome! Wish I had thought of that.

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Just cause a man's seen his ex naked many times doesn't mean he can still screw her. Cides, we have something that's been absent, a legit passing attack.

No disrespect intended but lawd lawd. Like Twain said, "History doesn't repeat itself but it does rhyme."

8. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

I'm thinking we will see Rivers and Jennings both in the UAB game. A few plays in the 4th quarter probably. Next few games will be where we try different schemes.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm thinking ideally that would be the perfect scenario, however after what I saw last night one of the personas LSU adopted a long time ago is still there. That persona is one of a team that commits stupid penalties and makes silly mistakes that allow weaker teams to hang around.

Should LSU crush UAB? Of course. Will the outcome of this game be in doubt at any point in the game? No, and I know LSU is capable of blowing the doors off UAB and going nuts, the question is can they play a mistake free or close to a mistake free game and not let UAB be within 4 TD's going into the 4th.

I'm thrilled at the obvious potential this team has to be special, I just wanna see the Tigers get a little less bipolar.

One thing I think has changed though is that the offense now seems like it can handle the pressure of having to put another team down at the 6 minute mark of the 4th.

gyver likes this.
  10. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

If recent history is any indication, LSU will win the game but not in a decisive or sexy way. We'll have to work for it. Grind it out, make mistakes that allow them to hang around, and win but by less than 20.

I just want to have a W at the end of 60 minutes and no injuries.