TNT was right all along

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU, Mar 29, 2004.

1. BB

BB Founding Member

Excellent Post! I totally agree that women's BB is on the rise and the fact that I was sweating out the final 5 minutes of a woman's basketball game is quite indicative of that. This Augustus kid is the real deal and some commentators are saying she is the future of woman's basketball following the departure of the UConn Diana Tarasi (sp) girl - by the way, did you see the pass she made last night? PISTOL PETE CALIBER!

2. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I watched her dribble time off the clock toward the end, and Pistol Pete
    was the analogy that came to my mind.

3. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

Make Pokey the permanent head coach RIGHT NOW, of the men's team. Then she can take over when Sue retires and we can hire another men's coach. Think about, she would be the FIRST ever female coach of a D1 men's team. She has already proven that she can take a team to the final four and Sue deserves to leave on her own terms. :lsug:

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Bitchdog, if you would learn to read before you flap your jaws you would see that I was younger when I did that. I didn't say it was the smartest thing to do or that I played well.

5. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Bengal -

Usually I find that you're an intelligent and insiteful (and sometimes funny) poster, but you're off the mark here. My mom, who is several years older than Coach Gunter, just went through a nasty bout of bronchitis. Her doctor (our cousin) told here that at her age (68) that it can be life-threatening. My mom is a tough cookie, but she told me that this thing just kicked her butt. As Jetstorm mentioned, you need to consider Coach Gunter's age. Even relatively minor things (to us, the younger) like skin infections can kill us at advanced ages.

In closing, I would suggest that you praise God for your relative youth.
    I do on a ***regular*** basis :)

6. BB

BB Founding Member

Since the women have our attention at the moment and since we're giving the woman's game some props for the time being, check out this article about the McDonald's All American Slam Dunk Contest. This girl won, up against the boys, she won straight up in direct competition. Previous winners of this competition include LeBron, Carmelo, Baron Davis, Vince Carter and Jerry Stackhouse - not bad company. This is scary stuff. She is a Tennessee committment. Here is the link:

Female Wins McDonald's All-American Slam Dunk Contest