This is why Kristian Fulton isn’t playing

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Winston1, Mar 12, 2018.

1. SaintSlidell

SaintSlidell How bout them Tigers! Who Dat

A year later? Still no luck. How can you say he didn't? This would have been a much bigger deal if he had not done anything from the start. He did--- must be bad samples is hilarious. If anyone in my company fails a drug test they are fired. No one or two year probation ---see ya.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

How can you say he did? Oh, yeah, there is no due process in the NCAA. You are presumed guilty until proven innocent.

Brian likes this.
  3. SaintSlidell

A year later, it's not looking good.

4. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Guilty, not guilty. Fraudulent, not fraudulent. The issue to me is the penalty, which is excessive. Even assuming he's guilty of everything, a one year suspension seems adequate providing he no longer tests positive for PEDs. That's just me.

Brian and shane0911 like this.
  5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

While I get what you are saying, see Shane’s point above about the penalty’s duration.

6. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

You mean that he knew the rules and the penalty, did the crime so must do the time? Certainly, without question. I'm not excusing his actions or trying to paint him as a victim. He did a stupid thing and now paying the penalty, a penalty that is not subjective but is spelt out in the rulebook. I get it. It still doesn't mean the penalty is just. I think a year ban for using PEDs is excessive but not totally unreasonable. The NFL imposes a 4 game ban for first offense steroids, HGH, or other ban stimulants, a six-game ban for trying to mask the test. But a two-year ban is crazy excessive even if he did try to mask the test. Two years in college vs 6 games in the NFL. Two years is pretty near to a death penalty for an athlete that plays a sport with a short shelf-life. So yes, he knew the rules. Yes, he knew the penalty. Yes, he has to do the time. But "the time" imposed by the gestapo NCAA is not just.

Brian, Bengal B and SaintSlidell like this.
  7. Brian

Brian Founding Member

I didn't say he did or did not because I do not know.

You are the one asserting knowledge of what he did or did not do here no one else..

Certainly you are not surprised the NCAA denied the appeal to their own initial ruling. I mean, when have they ever made sense? Or shown consistency or discretion with their judgement. Cam Newton was green lit yet USC was hammered. It's absurdity to stand firm and resolute with the NCAA's rulings as the rock you lean on.

Bengal B likes this.
  8. SaintSlidell

I am not going to repeat everything over and over again from this thread. If you go back you will see from earlier posts I did not claim to know his guilt or innocence. LSU not coming out publicly, and it took a year for the Fulton family to file, is suspicious.

Saying maybe he is guilty is allot different than saying he is. I think if he wasn't ---- LSU would be having a public fit. Set rules are needed. A year per infraction --maybe a little obsessive. Would it stop the possiblity of future infractions compared to a couple of game suspensions--Hell ya!! Would a half a year suspension per offence be better (I think so). Until the rules are changed, it is what it is. I do not make them.
    If you want to do something about it write your congressman, the NCAA and LSU. This blog will do nothing to help your cause.

It's Kristian Fulton's fault and no one elses!!!!!!!!

He is only contesting the fraudulent sample, not that he did the drug in the first place. So he is guilty of half the charges. Time will tell. Personally I'm not optimistic about his chances.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I think he means that the penalty for faking a test has to be severe, otherwise there is no deterrent and we have gorillas and tweakers on the field.

10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Right