This election is not about Iraq or any "war on terror"

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

and never has been.

Bush supporters aren't fooling anybody. They know that Bush manufactured a case for war and rushed into it because his case was crumbling, that it can't be justified, and that the occupation is a disaster that has made us weaker against terrorism. If Clinton had done the same thing he would have already been impeached.

This election is about not letting gays get married, about keeping "under God" in the pledge, about not being forced to pay for health care for poor people, about outlawing abortion, and about getting revenge for electing Bill Clinton twice. Republicans dont' care that American soldiers are being killed in Iraq... fetuses are at stake.

2. rickyd

rickyd Founding Member

He was impeached.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

i support bush and i dont care if gays marry each other, or if fire hydrants marry dogs. i actuall;y would not care if they banned straight marriage. it is meaningless. its not like you cant live with and have sex with whomever you please anyways.

i support bush and i want "under god" out of the pledge.

i support bush and i am in favor of as many abortions as everyone wants.

i guess you misunderstand alot of bush voters. well, you do understand one thing:

thats true. i like freedom, and i dont want to be forced to pay for stupid poor people. i actually dont like to be "forced" to do anything.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Uh, . . .Clinton was acquitted by the Senate on both impeachment charges.

Forgot about that, huh?

5. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

He may have been acquitted...but he was still impeached nonetheless.
    An impeachment means that formal charges were brought before the Senate against him...similar to a grand jury indictment in a regular court proceeding.
    It doesn't necessarily mean removal from office...that would require a conviction.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

thats a little too sassy coming from a guy who doesnt know what the word impeachment means. i told you dont know as much as you think you do.

7. ashgeaux

ashgeaux Founding Member

How did he manufacture it? You have someting to back that up? I've said it a few times, I would have a lot more respect for Clinton if would have done this. Most Republicans would agree.

Don't be so close-minded. Good job generalizing an entire party. I have no problem with gays getting married. Democrats aren't going to take "under God" out of the pledge. I don't care about Bill Clinton, abortion will not be outlawed. We live in a captialist society Rex, if you have problem with it move.

8. rickyd

rickyd Founding Member

No! The peoples house spoke for me. Thank you very much! :thumb:

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

this post was from back when the left opposed basically every war. now they cant send enough cluster bombs to blow up children

shane0911 likes this.
  10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Bush is such a swamp rat