The sickness continues to build....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dothantiger, Jan 1, 2004.

1. dothantiger

dothantiger Founding Member

I was over on the USC Rivals board reading their crap. They're calling the Sugar Bowl meaningless, and that OU and LSU is just a scrimage. It's also being called the splenda bowl. Their heads are so big it's pathetic.

They have many posts aiming towards LSU and OU fans, but the minute you post a reply defending your side of the argument, it gets deleted, and if your post is really a good one, you get banned.

They're saying to us.....deal with it, USC is #1 in both polls. I say to them.....deal with it, the real championship game is the Sugarbowl.

They're saying to us we haven't played anyone yet (yea, we all know how many times we've heard that one). Who have they played???? NO ONE, and lost to Cal. Michigan really never showed up today, so their win didn't really impress me. Give any qb that much time to throw and he'll hit open receivers all day. Do you think LSU or OU would've given him that much time...HELL NO.

So to all you USC fans reading this.........SUCK IT AND LIVE WITH IT.....THE REAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME IS THE SUGAR BOWL, AND YOU'RE NOT IN IT.

2. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

try not to let it get to you. we would be doing the same thing if we were in their shoes. we need to take care of business sunday night so we can be THE BCS CHAMPIONS.

That is who will go down in history as #1.

3. dothantiger

Yea, I know, but it's hard not getting pissed. I wish I was playing in the game Sunday night. If our players are reading this crap that USC is posting, and they have the attitude and fire I have inside of me right now, we should get a big win.

4. ddawg

ddawg Freshman

what is USC's forum website

5. dothantiger

The one I was reading is

http://usc.rivals.com

LSU has one there too.....well, actually every team has one there. Once you sign up, you use the same username/pw for each team.

6. greel

greel Founding Member

yea

this is really pissing me off, USC beat a bunch of cupcakes all year long and in the Rose Bowl, Michigan really played like crap. Michigan's quarterback(forgot his name) never looked to the right and he would just get creamed. The run game sucked and one of the top pass defenses in the country which only gave up 5 passing TD's all year long gives up 4 in this game. LSU or OU would have crushed either one of these teams. Matt Leinert played pretty good, but LSU's defense and blitzing would haveshut him down.

I also love how ESPN and everyone is giving USC so much support now and they are completely putting down LSU and OU after they have been saying nothing but good things about Oklahoma all year.

"I think we just won a national championship!" exclaimed Pete Carroll.

"I think you are a dumb$%^@!" exclaimed me.

There is no national championship game if both teams are not competing for the national championship (Michigan). O well it doesn't matter anymore, we just have to wait until the Post game presentation Sunday where LSU gets the real championship.

If USC ever gets to the BCS championship and win undisputed, then it will not matter because, it's just for a bunch of machines, nobody cares - according to them

7. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

get ready to get a little upset. this is a USC player quote from tonight.

"From the jump, we said it doesn't matter what team we play," animated USC defensive lineman Omar Nazel proclaimed in the aftermath of his team's split championship-clinching victory. "As long as we go out and execute to the fullest, no one can stop us."

After the game, Michigan coach Lloyd Carr reaffirmed that he would adhere to the coaches' pre-existing agreement with the BCS to vote the Sugar Bowl winner No. 1, but there remains to be the slight possibility that other coaches will, as Carroll put it, "rebel."

"What matters to me is we accomplished everything we could possibly accomplish," an extremely amped-up Carroll said in his postgame news conference. "No one will ever be able to take that away from us no matter how the polls go."

Of course, when asked whether his team would welcome a chance to play the Oklahoma-LSU winner a week from now, he lit up like a Christmas tree, as did an assortment of players.

"It would be great to play Oklahoma next week," said Nazel, "but I don't think they'd really want to see us."

8. dothantiger

Boy ole' boy I would love the chance for us to shut them up.....and give them the chance to play a real football team.

So what if the coaches decide to "rebel" and vote against the BCS champ? What happens? Is there even a chance that the Sugar Bowl winner will not be the National Champion even though it's the real championship game?

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

All these ButtHoles are assuming Oklahoma will win.

I HOPE THE BIG ONE HITS AND CALIFORNIA FALLS INTO THE PACIFIC OCEAN!

:cuss: :angry: :cuss: :angry: :cuss: :angry: :cuss: :angry: :cuss: :angry: :cuss: :angry: :cuss: :angry: :cuss: :angry: :cuss: :angry: :cuss: :angry: :cuss: :angry: :cuss: :angry: :cuss: :angry: :cuss: :angry:

10. dothantiger

About the idea of a "final" game after the Sugar Bowl.....what's the possiblity of that coming true? What kind of arrangements would have to be made? Can it happen and what can we do?

Even if OU wins, I would want that next game!