Democrats The mask is slipping

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Shhh. We don't want to become Louisifornia.

Winston1 likes this.
  2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

@LaSalleAve here’s why government provided healthcare won’t work. It sounds nice and reasonable and humane....but how are we to pay for it. This study take Bernie’s optimistic numbers as their base and comes up with $32 TRILLION over 10 years. There are better ways and the free market is the one that needs to be tried. It has proven to reduce costs and improve service every time. BTW don’t you dare call today’s abortion of a healthcare system a free market....it’s anything but.
    http://reason.com/blog/2018/07/30/bernie-sanders-medicare-all-32-trillion?utm_medium=email

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

None of us can afford it now. Look I’m not saying we should go completely socialized but you gotta admit man, insurance sucks. McTiger has some really good points, I shouldn’t need insurance for drugs or for a stomach ache, just like car insurance doesn’t cover an oil change. We all get so caught up in the extremes of each side no one else solves shit.

Winston1 likes this.
  4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Obviously. I was just using an easy example to point out the corporate greed that tirk mentioned. I could easily have mentioned the billions that Disney makes on movies or the fact that they are partnered with ABC, ESPiN....you know, companies that function in all states. And yet they still pay their workers jack.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Pretty sure the talking heads at ABC and ESPN are pretty well paid.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Missing the point. On-air talent are the exceptions, not the rules. What does a janitor make? Make-up and hair?

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

What does a janitor make anywhere else? I would think they would have to pay a good hair stylist pretty well to keep her. A good one can work anywhere.

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

You make a good point. Unfortunately healthcare became a negotiating point in the 1950s and workers expected it to cover more and more. Business thought it was a cheap give away till it wasn’t. By then they were trapped.
    I believe insurance should cover major issues like surgery, cancer treatment etc not your annual doctor visit or common prescription drugs etc. no insurance and a free market would keep prices down.

KyleK and shane0911 like this.
  9. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

yeah nothing like dropping a few grand to have your reflexes tested and a camera shoved up your ass.

10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

If there was real competition and you didn’t have to deal with the cost of insurance or government bureaucracies those services would cost less.

KyleK likes this.