The Lesgacy: "Dopiest coach in the SEC"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rex, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

He's 11-4 as LSU head coach.... I want everything to be fact-based.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  2. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

He is 5-2 as LSU head coach
    He is 6-2 as LSU interim coach

Those are the facts

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  3. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

With the multi-million dollar buyout, it's quite obvious Coach O will be with us for a while. We should support him. I too am guilty of calling for his head a few weeks ago, shamefully I admit. I think most of us fans just get a little frustrated when things aren't going well. The last two games, it looked like the coaches pulled together "as a team" and worked through the problems. If they keep this up, then this season should go a lot better than most of us anticipated a few weeks ago. Coach O definitely needs our support, and prospects need to see that we love our Coach and our team. I agree that all the negativity around our program will simply make things worse.

Rex likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

shane and taint are on the same side on this one. :eek:

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

He lost to Troy and was skunked vs MooU. Interim isn’t the same as HC. And there is always his time at Sissy Missy. But trending up. We looked like we belonged vs AU.

kcal likes this.
  6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

End of the world shit...

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Can't control what opposing fans think or say, so why bother? Case in point, I was reading a post here in another thread saying Malzahn looked like a 'fucking faggot' with is hat and vest. To be fair and put it into proper context, I know it was a tongue-n-cheek reference to a LouisCK bit and not a homophobic slur, but you get the point. Fans will say what fans will say.

As for supporting O, that's all well and good now, because everyone is still on an emotional high after the big comeback win, but lose to Old Piss next week and look like shit in the process and we're right back to where we were after the Troy game. That's just how it goes with a well compensated, high visibility position of LSU head coach. We may not be the best fans in the college football, given how quickly we can 'turn' on own coaches/players, but you'd be hard pressed to find a more passionate bunch. The problem with that is - passion is a 2 way street. It's great when things are going well and equally brutal when they're not.

StaceyO and ParadiseiNC like this.
  8. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Here's my deal: win (probable) or lose (very possible) against Ole Miss and I will still be in Orgeron's corner.

9. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Had he been 2-6 as interim would you still be characterizing your statement as such? I know most wouldn't. Point being, it matters, so don't downplay it.

Oh and you left "Head" out of that "interim coach" part. Interim head coach.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    Rouxleaux, Bengal B and ParadiseiNC like this.
  10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

That's great, but you're just one person. How do you think everyone else is going to react? I guess it depends on how we play. If we play hard and leave everything out on the field, he may get a pass. But if we play like we did against State or Troy, right or wrong, the negas will be out in full force.

lsu-i-like likes this.